Talk

Advanced search

To be really worried about my pregnancy.

(27 Posts)
mameulah Wed 26-Nov-14 14:26:50

I have conceived really quickly since giving birth, approximately nine weeks. Is there any reason why my body won't be able to carry a healthy baby through a healthy pregnancy because of this?

FATEdestiny Wed 26-Nov-14 14:31:41

No.

My firstborn was 16 weeks when I conceived with #2. I was exclusively breastfeeding when I conceived and all the way through the first two trimesters aswel.

FATEdestiny Wed 26-Nov-14 14:33:07

The siblings will be 11 months apart? Will they be in the same school year? That would be cool.

FreeWee Wed 26-Nov-14 14:35:57

Sex within 9 weeks of giving birth? Fair play to you! Congratulations. A few of my friends who had trouble conceiving the first quickly conceived the second. They all had happy healthy pregnancies (albeit a little tired... smile)

mameulah Wed 26-Nov-14 14:37:08

Oh, I don't know. Will certainly try for that not to be the case.

I get the feeling my doctor doesn't really approve, did you get any negative feedback?

Mammanat222 Wed 26-Nov-14 14:38:52

Sex within 9 weeks of giving birth? Fair play to you!

I had to take the MAP 6 weeks post birth due to a broken condom and I'd just moved to comb feeding.

As long as you didn't have a C-section I am sure it will be fine. (sections you are meant to wait before getting pregnant for X amount of time?)

Andrewofgg Wed 26-Nov-14 14:39:09

FATEdestiny An HV (whom I knew socially) once told me that to have a You can't conceive while you are breastfeeding baby is the ultimate in middle-class Guardianism. Working-class women would have a My friend Sylv said it was safe standing up baby instead!

Mammanat222 Wed 26-Nov-14 14:39:14

* combi feeding, not comb feeding.

mameulah Wed 26-Nov-14 14:49:58

This is our third!

Three babies in three years!

MrsMarcJacobs Wed 26-Nov-14 14:55:06

Congratulations on your pregnancy. The human body is amazing - sounds like you are super fertile (an I mean that in a complimentary way) Why not discuss your worries with your doctor. I am sure he/she will be able to offer sage medical advice on this subject and it may take some of the pressure off to hear it from a medical professional.

I had three babies in 2 yrs 3 months.. no twins. Bodies are amazing, and can manage a lot!

Only thing I will say,... do your pelvic floor exercises as the third one just about did for mine!!!

Congrats!
(ps I had a 4th too, but 3 years later... grin)

MammaTJ Wed 26-Nov-14 16:56:12

I am obese although I prefer the term cuddly had a c-section with DD towards the end of August. Then did pregnancy test on Christmas Day. DS was born early September.

The only real problem I had that was associated with the closeness was that I got carpol tunnel syndrome early on in pregnancy with DS which normally happens later on. The Dr said this, then went on to say 'but in your case, your body thinks you have been pregnant for a VERY long time'.

kalidasa Wed 26-Nov-14 16:56:59

I think the official advice is ideally to wait a bit longer to build your nutritional reserves etc back up again (which is maybe what your doctor has in mind), but in Western Europe, provided you are well nourished and had no major probs with the pregnancy/birth, I'm sure you'll be fine. As I remember there is some evidence that babies conceived very soon after a previous birth are slightly more likely to be a bit on the small side, but that's all really.

Poolomoomon Wed 26-Nov-14 17:00:04

I had three babies in two and a half years. Three really traumatic labours for different reasons, the second two nearly killed me. The smallest was 9 lbs 6, biggest was 10 lbs 3! I'm still here, they all made it and they're all fine. It's hard work, fecking exhausting but there's no reason why you won't have a normal healthy pregnancy. Congrats! flowers

Purplepoodle Wed 26-Nov-14 18:08:46

It's not good for you as your own bodies reserves will be very depleted BUT it won't affect the baby. Babies are like little parasites (gorgeous ones of course!) but they take all the goodness out of your body that takes time to replenish, this doesn't happen if you have back to back pregnancies. You need to take extra good care of yourself and your nutrition.

Purplepoodle Wed 26-Nov-14 18:10:08

Esp watch your teeth - very prone to calcium loss

Purplepoodle Wed 26-Nov-14 18:12:32

www.babycentre.co.uk/x560503/is-it-dangerous-to-have-several-babies-close-together

www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/getting-pregnant/in-depth/family-planning/art-20044072

MiaowTheCat Wed 26-Nov-14 18:22:59

There should be 12 months between mine, but as I seem to have a badly set oven timer and my body tries to go into labour early, I have 11 months between my girls. 2nd pregnancy was fine, body tried to kick off labour at the same point as before but previous experience meant we stopped that, very fast sub 15 minute labour where I just about got my jeans off in time (but again that's normal for me). Spd twice so soon was a killer and has left me with some long term issues.

ticktactoegivemeago Wed 26-Nov-14 18:25:21

I think your supposed to wait abit longer but I'm having my 4th and my dd will have just turned 1 and I'm due 3 weeks later shock

Dropdeadfred2 Wed 26-Nov-14 18:27:09

there's less than a year between me and my brother grin grin

RoundRobinSparkles Wed 26-Nov-14 18:36:08

My friend has two girls ten months apart, perfectly healthy! They're not going to be in the same school year as one is January birthday and the youngest is November.

The school I used to work at had two brothers who were ten months apart - one had a September birthday and one had a July one. They looked so different I didn't realise that they were brothers for ages! blushgrin

MammaTJ Wed 26-Nov-14 20:18:28

As I remember there is some evidence that babies conceived very soon after a previous birth are slightly more likely to be a bit on the small side, but that's all really.

Ha, someone forgot to tell DS. He was 10lb 5ozs.

Flowerfae Wed 26-Nov-14 20:25:39

My son and daughter have 11 months between them, they are 9 and 10 now and in the same class at school. The only thing with the pregnancy with my daughter was that I had bad SPD, but I had it with my first pregnancy too just not as bad. Other then that it was fine, hard work with two close in age as babies but we managed.. I'm sure you'll be fine smile

MiaowTheCat Thu 27-Nov-14 08:16:00

Yeah mine aren't in the same school year (the one thing I was slightly worried about wanting to avoid) because of the times of year they were born. Next year they'll be at the same preschool for some shared sessions though (because I spend half my life doing the preschool run so don't want to add more to it).

dancestomyowntune Thu 27-Nov-14 08:22:29

I have a 13 month gap between my boys. I am ashamed to say I was devastated when I found myself pregnant with a three month old baby. But that was my easiest pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now