Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to warn you all that the post a selfie in a bikini for leukemia

(21 Posts)
clutchpearl Wed 26-Nov-14 14:18:35

I suggest you all ignore this post on Facebook, it is not official and is not endorsed by cancer research UK.

Sparklingbrook Wed 26-Nov-14 14:28:36

Not heard of that particular one yet.

QueenTilly Wed 26-Nov-14 14:47:57

All "post a selfie in..." should be ignored, unless accompanied by a link to donate, and evidence the person posting the selfie donated themselves.

Otherwise, officially endorsed as a campaign or not, it's meaningless, feel-good attention-seeking on the part of the person posting the selfie. Posting a picture of yourself looking nice/daft does nothing for any charity on its own. Donate filthy lucre.

UncleT Wed 26-Nov-14 15:34:29

Viral/chain shite on lamebook should always be ignored.

CrunchySlippers Wed 26-Nov-14 15:44:23

i'll be ignoring that one, like i ignored all the other ones

Ir1na Wed 26-Nov-14 16:44:07

Do people really need to be warned that this kind of thing is nonsense? I'm surprised that anyone nowadays sees "please reshare" / "you have no heart if" / "a friend of a friend said" etc etc and doesn't immediately smell bullshit!! blush

Sparklingbrook Wed 26-Nov-14 17:23:13

I am not on FB nor do I possess a bikini. So for those reasons alone I am out.

MammaTJ Wed 26-Nov-14 17:37:21

Many people would donate to make me not post a pic of me in a bikini!

Now, there's a fundraising idea........

DreamsOfFreddieInTheNight Wed 26-Nov-14 17:42:57

I thought the bald for Bieber one was the best

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Wed 26-Nov-14 17:44:42

Sparklingbrook I'm with you there.

Why not just quietly donate money to a charity? I don't understand the need to tell the world you've done something daft as well as donating.

Kittymautz Wed 26-Nov-14 18:43:04

I suggest that people ignore all such campaigns. Unless you're donating money to the charity, posting a selfie without makeup/ in your bikini/ with a bucket of water poured over your head, is NOT going to help any charitable cause.

I work for a charity and I believe these type of campaigns have the potential to actually lower charitable donations - people click 'like' or post a pic, and some will think "that's is it, I've done my 'bit' for charity", and so are less likely to actually give money or do real life volunteering for a charity.

GingerCuddleMonster Wed 26-Nov-14 18:47:18

I did enjoy the cock in a sock ones that went round a while ago and men donating to prostate cancer charities...but I'm a perv grin.

Arlagirl Wed 26-Nov-14 18:47:58

All totally naff.

LuisSuarezTeeth Wed 26-Nov-14 18:49:44

Blimey OP you're revved up today grin

scopeisawesome123 Wed 26-Nov-14 18:49:56

sparklingbrook when I read your post my mind automatically read it in the voice of Debra Medan (dragons den) grin Completely agree with you though

Sparklingbrook Wed 26-Nov-14 20:16:35

grin scope

Bartlebee Wed 26-Nov-14 20:29:54

The no makeup selfie wasn't endorsed until Cancer Research got involved - it started as just a nonsense social media trend.

I won't be posing in my bikini for FB. I hate these trends. Just donate without the narcissism.

movingtoourwillow Fri 28-Nov-14 01:41:27

I would have thought that was pretty obvious - perhaps take you own advice OP?

movingtoourwillow Fri 28-Nov-14 01:41:43

your own

Latara Fri 28-Nov-14 09:28:44

This has made me giggle; thinking of some man on the phone to a mate saying ''mwahahaha! I've found a way of tricking women into posing on Facebook in their bikinis!''

MrsGuyofGisborne Fri 28-Nov-14 09:44:52

Hahaha . For charity provides a licence for no end of atrocity. Like the alexi sayle joke about if Hitler had invaded Poland for spina bifida he would have got away with it! Is this just a good scam taking the piss out of the no make selfie for breast cancer ridiculousness?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now