Talk

Advanced search

Dianne Abbott would be a wonderful pm

(172 Posts)
clutchpearl Wed 26-Nov-14 12:49:46

I think she would do wonders for the country. Really wish she would cue milliband and be our next pm.

She has been pretty quiet recently, could this be because she is planning this?

FiftyShadesofScreeeeeeeam Wed 26-Nov-14 12:50:37

No. She really wouldn't.

momb Wed 26-Nov-14 12:51:12

YABU

SirChenjin Wed 26-Nov-14 12:52:52

I hope to fuck she's not planning this. The woman is an arse of the highest order - definitely not what this country needs.

AlPacinosHooHaa Wed 26-Nov-14 12:53:15

Gosh, I cant think of anyone worse, her child in the private school shows me she has no morals or integrity at all as a member of the labour party, and it was done when they had been in power long enough to sort schools out. angry.

awful woman.

clutchpearl Wed 26-Nov-14 12:53:25

Sorry how is she worse than em or DC?

Nancy66 Wed 26-Nov-14 12:53:40

she'd be a disaster.

I doubt her party would elect her. She's got too dodgy a background

LuckyLopez Wed 26-Nov-14 12:54:05

Did she used to present Blue Peter?

DrDre Wed 26-Nov-14 12:56:23

No she wouldn't. The fact she's a MP is scary enough. I know she went to Cambridge but I think she's a bit thick. Definitely lacking in common sense.

mumofthemonsters808 Wed 26-Nov-14 12:58:01

No she would be horrendous, I'm actually struggling to think of anyone worse. She is an awful women.

AlPacinosHooHaa Wed 26-Nov-14 12:58:32

What dogy background Nancy?

I know she said some racist things and sent son to private school, not sure what else there is?

mumofthemonsters808 Wed 26-Nov-14 12:59:09

Bloody Phone I meant woman

nicenewdusters Wed 26-Nov-14 13:01:31

Clicked onto this to read the punchline.... ??

LuckyLopez - I love that she may have been a Blue Peter presenter but unfortunately not. If she had been she'd have been an expert on telling parents to use the state school system, but sending her own child to a private school because none locally were suitable for him.

If she did stand against Milliband I suspect his ratings would go through the roof.

DidoTheDodo Wed 26-Nov-14 13:03:38

No thanks.
That is all.

TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 26-Nov-14 13:04:15

I am another person amazed to learn that she is very well educated, she really does strike me as none too bright.

TheAlias Wed 26-Nov-14 13:04:40

No, I don't think so either, but I admit I don't know much about her. Everything I do know seems to be as a result of her saying or doing outrageous (stupid) things to garner publicity.

Why do you think she'd be so good OP?

SisterMoonshine Wed 26-Nov-14 13:05:03

I also thought the thrad title was a joke!
yabu

Andy Burnham would be my choice.

Nancy66 Wed 26-Nov-14 13:06:49

Alpacino - there was something about her not declaring extra income

iseenodust Wed 26-Nov-14 13:08:15

Ha ha ha.
I think Labour are more likely to go for Yvette Cooper.

TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 26-Nov-14 13:09:16

Burnham is very, very ambitious. Definitely has his eyes on the prize.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Wed 26-Nov-14 13:12:20

She's probably been quiet because everyone is fed up with listening to her.

She would be a terrible PM. She was blathering on and on about how wonderful state schools were (in around 2003, I think?? - might be wrong on the year), then sent her own son to a £12,700 a year private school. At least John Gummer had the courage of his convictions and forced his daughter to eat a burger during the BSE crisis grin.
Stand by your views, being the moral of the story

She is racist - in just one example I can recall, she said "West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children". Umm, therefore insinuating that any other Mum will not?

Also, her delivery of views is not engaging. She is so very slow, boring and deliberate in her speeches, especially during a sofa-type interview, that I nod off, quite frankly, as I lose interest.

She'd be bloody awful.

LuckyLopez Wed 26-Nov-14 13:13:36

Oh I just realised I'm thinking of Diane-Louise Jordan. blush

Excuse me.

saintsandpoets Wed 26-Nov-14 13:14:02

Absolutely not.

For those wondering: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Abbott#Political_controversies

DrDre Wed 26-Nov-14 13:16:49

She's also said something along the lines of "White people love to play divide and conquer." She also said Finnish nurses shouldn't be employed in the UK as "they had never met a black person before."

DrDre Wed 26-Nov-14 13:17:33

XPost with saintsandpoets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now