Talk

Advanced search

not to buy a blind for my bathroom even though the shower is in line with the window?

(21 Posts)
NakedFatGal Tue 25-Nov-14 18:59:37

The bathroom is the length of the bath and the shower is the door side of the bathroom not the window side. My frosted glass window looks out on to the four or five houses that back on to my garden. The gardens are about 45 feet long, so I guess sometimes my neighbours can see the shape of a woman showering about 90 feet away........... It occurred to me recently that my neighbours all have blinds! Am I a flasher?

Tinks42 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:01:49

I wouldnt like to think that anyone could see my shape to be honest, but each other their own grin

wonkylegs Tue 25-Nov-14 19:02:13

Yup but you'll probably get away with it.

Andrewofgg Tue 25-Nov-14 19:02:43

No you are not. Frosted glass and 90 feet, ffs.

Tinks42 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:05:18

err, yes you can still see the shape of a person when its dark out and their light is on (presuming the OP doesn't showing with the light off)

spamanderson Tue 25-Nov-14 19:06:05

Nah, we walk round nude most of the time so I wouldn't be surprised if someone has seen me streak past the window... In hubby's opinion, it's their fault if they see anything, they shouldn't be nosing in the windows ;)
And no I wouldn't worry, not with the houses that far away unless they have binoculars or a telescope

Tinks42 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:06:15

shower of course...... freudian slip there grin

GloriousGloria Tue 25-Nov-14 19:07:55

If you look up to my bathroom you can see my body shape showering. Very simple don't look grin

It is my bathroom, my house I am not going to make my bathroom look smaller with a blind to make nosey people feel better. smile

SnookyPooky Tue 25-Nov-14 19:09:28

We have a roller blind, a blackout type. The shower is directly next to the window and we live on the ground floor. If we didn't have the blind the water would pool in the slidey window track thingies and there would be timescale on the glass.

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 25-Nov-14 19:10:27

Our bathroom blind broke a few months ago, we haven't fixed or replaced it yet as we are about to decorate in there. My cousin and his wife live opposite <shameless flasher> grin

NakedFatGal Tue 25-Nov-14 19:10:30

phew, glad nobody is too appalled! i've been here a year now. my modesty would be a dollar short and a day too late i suspect

marymouse Tue 25-Nov-14 19:13:28

In our old house are bedroom window looked out onto the opposite house's bathroom window. They had no blinds and the toilet was obviously under the window. Let's just say the man stood up to wipe shock

skylark2 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:28:11

Why would anyone have both frosted glass and a blind? Surely that's the whole point of frosted glass!

Tinks42 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:30:44

Frosted glass does not stop anyone seeing a silhouette.

sanfairyanne Tue 25-Nov-14 19:58:47

i didnt bother for years til i saw dh having a shower at night. i was outside. it was dark. i bought blinds. frosted glass doesnt do much if its dark outside and light inside

skylark2 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:02:45

Shock horror: neighbours realise that sometimes your bathroom has a person in it and they might be taking a shower.

Who cares if they see a silhouette? They'll see less than they will if you walk past a window in any other room.

Poolomoomon Tue 25-Nov-14 20:04:30

Yeah if it's dark outside and the light is on in the bathroom it's pretty fucking obvious the person is naked. I was jogging in the back garden once at night, as you do, and looked up to see naked DH climbing into the bath yet we still don't have a blind grin.

I don't really care much. It's only a silhouette, most people aren't out in their gardens at night and even if they are they're not looking at your bathroom window.

Tinks42 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:07:43

I personally like to take a shower in private grin

Hatespiders Tue 25-Nov-14 20:13:35

Our bathroom sounds identical to yours OP. But our frosted glass isn't very opaque at all. I got my dh to go outside in the dark and look and he said he could make out my..ahem.. attributes. So we fixed a baton on 2 hooks, then put up a little cotton curtain on rings. It's very simple and stops anyone watching an aged old crone at her ablutions. Also, it's much easier than a blind to launder, and cost about £1 for the material.

Marcipex Tue 25-Nov-14 20:17:44

Have you ever done a test?
Get someone to stand there with the light on and look from outside.
I bet you'll be shocked. grin

Fairylea Tue 25-Nov-14 20:30:06

I have a similar set up and I have a blind - but I never bother to use the bloody thing.

I couldn't care less if people see the outline of me naked.... its just a body after all. If someone is going to be some weird stalker or whatever then I doubt having clothes on or not is going to make all the difference.

I'm sure I've shocked the old boy across the road a few times when I've taken off my bra in my bedroom with the sidelight on and curtains open.. free the nipple! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now