Talk

Advanced search

To not let dd stay at my mums ?

(13 Posts)
Ghostintheshell Mon 24-Nov-14 12:21:53

Some back story first she's almost two and we are an hr and a half away . My sisters got mental illness she self harms try's to kill her self on a weekly basis and she an my mum often have rows that can be herd from miles away . My mums always begging for her to stay and I told her the truth why I don't want her to stay . She's wasn't happy o say the least and said I don't allow her to be a proper gran but yet never vists . So Aibu .

DixieTreats Mon 24-Nov-14 12:24:43

Sounds perfectly rational to me. Regardless of circumstance, your child should only stay at places that you are 100% happy with. Especially so young.

HelloitsmeFell Mon 24-Nov-14 12:25:07

YANBU.

Tell her she is very welcome to come and stay with you for the weekend if she wants to spend more time with your DD.

NeedsAsockamnesty Mon 24-Nov-14 12:26:03

YANBU.

Boomtownsurprise Mon 24-Nov-14 12:26:25

Blimey. Wasn't expecting it to be so easy....
Yanbu!

Starlightbright1 Mon 24-Nov-14 12:27:45

I would say you would BU to let her stay.

Purplepixiedust Mon 24-Nov-14 12:29:46

Yanbu

Ghostintheshell Mon 24-Nov-14 12:30:29

Am still newish to mm what's bu ? ... The way my mum reacted over it I started thinking I might've been mean .

HelloitsmeFell Mon 24-Nov-14 12:38:08

BU is being unreasonable.

blanklook Mon 24-Nov-14 13:35:44

No way on this earth would I let my young child stay under the same roof with someone so openly suicidal.

I know "normal" family behaviour covers a plethora of things but not that. Ever. Not until your dd is of an age to cope with seeing something like that without being freaked out. It would challenge some adults.

If your mum wants to play Lovely Granny then she needs to come to yours or you all meet up in a nearby town to go to places that your dd will like.

FelixTitling Mon 24-Nov-14 13:39:21

No. But could you give her time with your dd, either at your house or a day out, while you give her a break from your sister?

FrancisdeSales Mon 24-Nov-14 13:39:45

Your DDs safety is ALWAYS the first concern. YAdefinitelyNBU.

Thebodynowchillingsothere Mon 24-Nov-14 14:19:09

No you are completely right op and the fact that your mother can't see the dangers here is exactly why you shouldn't let her have sole care of your dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now