Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think this is bullying

(11 Posts)
Sussexbelle73 Sun 23-Nov-14 22:53:35

Basically I work in an awful work situation with a female boss against whom 10 people have made a complaint but the organisation has done nothing. We are starting to feel like its us being unreasonable.

Aibu to think the following is workplace bullying:

- screaming/ shouting at staff
- singling out and picking on vulnerable members of staff
- telling working parents to 'sort out their childcare' and work late
- undermining and micro managing
- sending abusive emails
- regularly giving unmanageable amounts of work to individuals and then criticising them for being unable to complete it

AIBU? I know its a bit vague as dont want to go into loads of detail but does this sound like bullying in a general sense?

redexpat Sun 23-Nov-14 22:58:26

Yes sounds like bullying. keep a record of individual incidents. Call union. Call acas.

GoringBit Sun 23-Nov-14 22:58:48

There's stuff there that sounds very much like bullying. If you don't already, keep records of incidents and copies of e-mails. I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice here, and maybe post in legal as well?

redexpat Sun 23-Nov-14 22:59:34

And back up emails, esp the abusive ones. forward them to a personal account.

WorraLiberty Sun 23-Nov-14 22:59:53

Yes

Are you a union member?

If your official complaints are being ignored, you should probably contact your union leader.

FunkyBoldRibena Sun 23-Nov-14 23:02:37

Is it staff making the complaints? Or someone else?

If so, was it grievances or complaints, as of the latter they are probably not following the policy.

Sussexbelle73 Sun 23-Nov-14 23:03:54

I am a union member and am seeking their advice. Very concerned (and very paranoid) that our complaints are being ignored/ trivialised by the employer. Its partly why I posted here as doubting our case but its truly horrendous working there.

Sussexbelle73 Sun 23-Nov-14 23:05:29

We asked if we should make a grievance and employer said no- they would act on complaint.

islandmama Sun 23-Nov-14 23:13:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CromerSutra Sun 23-Nov-14 23:25:37

If there are 10 of you in the same boat and you all feel the same I think you have a strong case. How long has it been going on?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 23-Nov-14 23:34:06

Yes this is bullying and abuse and you and your work mates do not have to put up with it. Call Acas their number is. 0300 123 1100. They are open 8am-8pm Mon to Fri and 9am-1pm Sat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now