Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that if page 3 revealed a picture of naked male from behind in a provocative pose

(13 Posts)
goodnessgracious Sat 22-Nov-14 17:23:06

men might not be so keen to support nudity in NEWSpapers.

In light of the news that supermarkets are now hiding the front pages of newspapers in case there are sexualised pictures, I noticed some male readers comments. Many saying there is nothing wrong with naked women in a newspaper.
One wrote "what next, hiding melons in the fruit section?"

AIBU to imagine if they were confronted at the office, on the tube, in the supermarket with sexy naked males in huge print they may change their minds.

southeastastra Sat 22-Nov-14 17:33:48

the page seven fella didn't really catch on

SpringBreaker Sat 22-Nov-14 17:40:21

I doubt straight men would be remotely bothered by it, and gay men would love it.

SophiaPetrillo Sat 22-Nov-14 17:43:45

Agree with springbreaker, it wouldn't affect any male demographic.

BuzzardBird Sat 22-Nov-14 17:47:06

Can't think of anything more revolting and I love the male body, just not in a seedy way.

Babycham1979 Sat 22-Nov-14 17:53:44

Half of the wimmins' mags that line the shelves of my local newsagent are full of scantily clad men (particularly the glossy adverts). Funnily enough, the equivalent men's magazines rarely have the same (adolescent boys'
magazines like Nuts aside). Two different products for two different markets. Get over it.

If you choose to read the Sun, you deserve everything you get.

goodnessgracious Sat 22-Nov-14 17:55:58

Babycham

What makes you think I read the sun confused

Bambamb Sat 22-Nov-14 17:58:23

Are those scantily clad men standing in a submissive pose though, or are they looking strong and ' manly'? The OP is specifically talking about men in a submissive pose Baby so it's not the same.

sharon56bus Sat 22-Nov-14 17:58:41

I would !

Andrewofgg Sat 22-Nov-14 18:15:47

Women would not buy it because the naked men were in it.

Men do buy the Sun because of Page 3.

Or at least they used to. The management may be thinking again. If they do it will be for purely commercial reasons.

goodnessgracious Sat 22-Nov-14 18:20:23

I am certainly talking about men in a submissive pose.

I am not worried whether people would buy it, it would never happen. This is a hypothetical question whether some men would change their view point if they were subjected to numerous images of naked men in submissive poses in papers for their son's and daughter's to see?

ApocalypseThen Sat 22-Nov-14 18:38:27

The problem is that there's no way to replicate the experience for men. Sometimes the only image of a woman in the gutter press will be on page 3. After that, women cease to exist. Put a sexist picture of a man in and you would still turn the page to see men doing politics, sports, economics and all sorts of other things worth mentioning.

goodnessgracious Sat 22-Nov-14 18:46:41

Maybe they could do a week with gender reverses on the week befores news and see how people react?

Heat magazine could have a circle of shame on a guy coming out a cab with his celulite or beer gut ringed.

Pictures of older normal looking women accompanied by young hot men.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now