Talk

Advanced search

DH "improving"; on my DIY!!!

(13 Posts)
Finola1step Sat 22-Nov-14 16:42:24

Spent a good chunk of yesterday and today putting together a flat pack mid sleeper for ds.

I'm pretty good at DIY if I say so myself. I do the painting etc and I'm pretty handy when it comes to putting things together.

There was one small problem with today's job. One piece that I did not fit because it would have meant taking the damn thing apart (the instructions were out of sync, of course).

So DH decides that he will "have a go". The spare piece will do nowt as the bed will be against the wall all the time anyway due to size of room.

I've told him that to fit on last piece, whole back of bed will need to be taken off. But oh no, the sod has now gone upstairs with his tool box.

AIBU to now go on strike? Let him try it the PITA. I'm sitting having a hot chocolate waiting for the inevitable stomp down the stairs and the "Nope, can't be done" comment.

Why can't he just leave well the fuck alone?

Bulbasaur Sat 22-Nov-14 16:44:08

If he fixes it, there will be no living with him afterwards...

You need to stop this madness now. grin

Finola1step Sat 22-Nov-14 16:44:50

Oh effing eck. He's got the hammer out now. Idiot.

Finola1step Sat 22-Nov-14 16:45:39

He won't fix it. He will do a bodgem and scarper job. Drives me nuts.

OwlWearingSunglasses Sat 22-Nov-14 16:49:47

This calls for emergency measures. Order pizza, put some footie on (bound to be some on), open the wine and call him down.

Then go and lose the odd piece and when he asks about it, deny it was ever there.

That way he can't do anything to your hard work. grin

eltsihT Sat 22-Nov-14 16:53:32

I let my dh help with flat pack so he doesn't sulk... He think I don't do the screws up tight enough but really it's just so he thinks he is helping. He is really terrible at flat pack.

Finola1step Sat 22-Nov-14 17:28:09

He's huffed and puffed and now gone out to pick up some tea. I told him to pick me up something "nice". We shall see.

I'm off to inspect his work.

Timeforabiscuit Sat 22-Nov-14 17:32:41

Out of the goodness of my heart I taught dh how to assemble flat pack furniture, its one of those occasions when a little knowledge is a very dangerous thing !

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Sat 22-Nov-14 17:42:59

I hope he doesn't break the bed.

I love flat pack, ikea is my favourite place to shop. Well as long as DH doesn't come I swear they need a divorce solicitor at the doors.

Bair Sat 22-Nov-14 18:18:32

Flat pack was invented by divorce lawyers to drum up business.

We do it as a 'team' in our house. One assembles, the other says NOT A FUCKING THING and brings tea. The person who has the job of saying nothing must also not sigh, screw up their face or stare too long at the assembler.

Krytes42 Sat 22-Nov-14 19:00:44

Bair, this is exactly how flat pack works at our house. Saves both of our sanities.

Finola1step Sat 22-Nov-14 20:15:07

Bair, your regime is actually what usually happens in this house. In the past 18 years, not once has he interfered. Not once.

But a nice box of chocs have appeared on the kitchen counter. Too bloody right. Normal relations have resumed...

Bair Sat 22-Nov-14 21:06:28

grin Good news with the chocs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now