Talk

Advanced search

To ask about cordless dysons?

(40 Posts)
Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Sat 22-Nov-14 09:10:08

I've searched old threads but can't find what I'm after, sorry!

Need a new vacuum cleaner. Like the look of the cordless dyson on TV but are they any good? Anyone have one?
I don't even know what the model number is!

Thank you!

Nomama Sat 22-Nov-14 09:14:52

I went to try one last weekend - Dyson Digital Slim, the Animal ones and a multi. They are not as light as they look - there is no way I could manage to wave one around. I have dodgy wrists so was looking forward to being able to use a wandy thing.

I decided to stick with the upright ball one I have.

SnoogyWoo Sat 22-Nov-14 09:16:45

They are epic. We have had one about 5 years and it hoovers everything from spilled cat litter to fire ash. Love it.

MidniteScribbler Sat 22-Nov-14 09:16:50

I love mine. I can use it for quick clean-ups whenever I need, without dragging the big one out. I rarely use my full sized Dyson anymore.

uggmum Sat 22-Nov-14 09:20:19

I had one and had no end of issues with it. In the end it stopped sucking and I took it back for a full refund. It also didn't hold it's charge well.

I now have the air ram by gtech. I have the floor one and the handheld. They are great. Both are cordless. Light weight, great suction. Large selection of tools for the handheld ( I bought the car tools too).

I have a large corded dyson but since I got the air ram it hasn't left the garage.

They did have an offer on the gtech website if you bought both together.

TheBatteriesHaveRunOut Sat 22-Nov-14 09:39:20

I have a dyson dc44 (I think) and it's brilliant. I use it to hoover everywhere - carpets, wood floors, stone etc - and it does a great job. I don't use the plug in hoover much any more either. Lots of great attachments for dusting and doing soft furnishings etc. Love it!

ftmsoon Sat 22-Nov-14 09:46:41

We have an animal and love it too.

MogTheForgetfulCat Sat 22-Nov-14 16:17:51

Mine exploded shock. But it was quite a few years ago so they may have sorted out that particular issue by now.

We3KingyofOblomovAre Sat 22-Nov-14 16:21:17

animal here too. totally fabulous. use it most days.

We've got the Dyson aninal cordless, had it about a year, our corded one packed up 10 months ago and we've been fine with just the Dyson, love it, great as a handheld for stairs, car etc too.

SistersOfPercy Sat 22-Nov-14 16:37:07

Isn't the charge something daft on these like 15 minutes? That puts me off I have to say.

Crockershite Sat 22-Nov-14 16:39:45

Sisters yes I was put off for the same reason although I think it's 20 minutes. Way to short.

HerrenaHarridan Sat 22-Nov-14 16:40:12

Yabu. --->. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/good_housekeeping

It's supposed to be 20 mins but I can easily do the whole house in that time when just doing the middles of rooms, or a couple of rooms in one go if pulling out furniture, using the tools to get into corners etc. Depends how big your house is I suppose.

ouryve Sat 22-Nov-14 16:42:01

I have a DC 58 and it's the first cordless I've had that's actually good enough to do the stairs with. I considered the DC59, but couldn't justify the £100 more for a longer hose and charging station that I wouldn't use.

ouryve Sat 22-Nov-14 16:43:51

And yes, the 19 minutes charge is a bit of a pain, sometimes - but not as much of a pain as the 4 minutes if I use the boost!

micah Sat 22-Nov-14 16:46:13

We've just got one. According to dh we could replace the old corded one, it's that good.

However it doesn't hold enough charge and needs emptying every few minutes so won't do the whole house (stairs, 3 beds, and rugs). So we now have two vacuums taking up space.

It's great for quick runs if something's spilled or to freshen up, or for the car. But I like to do the lot in one go so it's a bit useless.

Not worth the money. It would be if I just needed the one, but not as an add on.

SistersOfPercy Sat 22-Nov-14 16:46:15

I don't live in a palace by any means (3 bed semi) but I'm not sure I could do everything I needed to do in 20 minutes sad
I love the idea of them, especially for stairs, but I can't justify all that money for a 20 minute vacuum.
I guess if you have messy toddlers etc it's good to whip out for a quick clean up though.

RainbowRabbit33 Sat 22-Nov-14 16:46:33

I have an air ram and love it. Our cleaning lady (who obviously uses a lot of different hoovers in her work) also loves it and is saving for one for herself and one for her daughter for Christmas. I took that as a seal of approval! They are stupidly expensive though. Not sure how they go up against a Dyson.

Claybury Sat 22-Nov-14 16:50:56

Cordless Bosch here. It's great. Very light and excellent suction.

Onwards2014 Sat 22-Nov-14 16:51:21

Oh interesting. I just had a play with one in Costco and it felt really weak.

I have the animal and it's now 5yo. We have a townhouse so lugging it up and downstairs is really difficult.

makeitabetterplace Sat 22-Nov-14 16:58:16

I've got a dyson animal which is cordless and I bloody love it. I have two dogs, one cat and both me and my husband have long hair. It's amazing. I do the whole house with it in about ten minutes. I would never go back to a normal vacuum.

Clawdy Sat 22-Nov-14 17:01:13

Love our Dyson cordless, whips round in no time,and great for stairs.

I can do the whole house with one emptying of the Dyson cordless as well, provided I don't leave it too long between goes. That's a 3 bed Victorian terrace carpeted everywhere except kitchen and bathroom with two long haired people and two cats.

MakkaPakkastolemystone Sat 22-Nov-14 17:56:27

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Haven't had my big heavy dyson out since I bought my digital slim 2 years ago. Can do the whole 5 bed house on one charge. Deals with toddler mealtimes mess in seconds. Love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now