Talk

Advanced search

LIGHTHEARTED Come and flame me I was late to pick up DD from school today because ....

(31 Posts)
FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:15:35

I was on a date and I lost track of time grin

She's 16. She wasn't unduly concerned.

So you nest of vipers come and do your worst.

I had a lovely time and he is hawwwwwt

grin

Queenofknickers Fri 21-Nov-14 20:18:16

I'm too busy clutching my pearls to berate you <faints> wink

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:19:14

I know. I'm a shameless hussy grin.

It was a first date too grin and I snogged the face clean off him.

FNAR.

EatShitDezza Fri 21-Nov-14 20:20:02

I forgot to pick my son up from reception. It wasn't til quarter to 4 and 5 calls later

douchbag Fri 21-Nov-14 20:20:05

I don't understand why a 16 yr old would need picking up from school

Whichusername Fri 21-Nov-14 20:20:53

You need to attend parenting classes

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:21:17

grin She doesn't need picked up. I offered. And then ballsed up by having a good time and being 10 minutes late.

Whichusername Fri 21-Nov-14 20:21:51

Insert a smiley at the end of my message.

Are you seeing him/her again?

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:21:53

EatShitDezza - I hope you were snogging a hawwwt person grin otherwise, well, that's just forgetting and pure letting the side down.

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:22:36

Yes I am seeing him again grin

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 21-Nov-14 20:22:40

So much for lighthearted douchbag Perhaps transport is difficult/expensive/non-existent?

So did you tell your daughter why you were late? grin

pauline6703 Fri 21-Nov-14 20:22:44

Just tell your 16 year old that you were having fun. She will understand. There is far more to life than picking up a teen from school.
(Snog him again and enjoy)

FreudiansSlipper Fri 21-Nov-14 20:23:21

oh a bit of Afternoon Delight

just do not tell her why because she will find it disgusting grin

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:23:58

grin I did.

Well, the edited version of "I was on a date, soz"

grin

She could have walked - I offered, it was shitting down. But I didn't expect to be going on a date. It wasn't planned.

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:25:05

I said "I might snog him on the next date" and she said "noooo mum don't use that word it's gross

grin

She is currently snogging on the sofa in the living room. I'm going to unleash the hound shortly grin

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Fri 21-Nov-14 20:27:07

A hot date in the middle of the afternoon, whatever is the world coming to <<clutches pearls and reaches for smelling salts>>

FlossyMoo Fri 21-Nov-14 20:27:47

When I was pregnant with twins I was late to pick up DS2 from nursery. Why you ask......I forgot he existed! blush

I have always suffered from baby brain when pregnant I burnt down the kitchen when pregnant with DS1 but for some reason it was worse with twins.

The nursery was very sympathetic and gave me rea while I wailed at being a terrible mother grin

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:28:08

An arranged at short notice, over running hawwt date in the middle of the afternoon.

And we were SEEN by someone who knows me

<faints>

FlossyMoo Fri 21-Nov-14 20:28:11

*tea

Zazzles007 Fri 21-Nov-14 20:30:10

Aaaahh Frau, is DD with Not Boyfriend again? Will you be dropping him home this evening? grin

Zazzles007 Fri 21-Nov-14 20:31:20

And congrats on the hawt date. He sounds delish wink

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:31:31

grin Zazzles she is indeed. Apparently he is not her Boyfriend, she is just "seeing" him what the fuck is the difference he's here every fucking night

grin nope he can walk tonight. Or some of his parents can come and get him

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Fri 21-Nov-14 20:32:29

OMG he's gorge. He's very tall and chunky and I am not tall but chunky and he's charming and he came out of nowhere. So did not expect to be off for a date when I got up this morning. T'was unexpected. grin

Angelto5 Fri 21-Nov-14 20:47:08

IMO your better off being late picking the kids up than being late dropping them off!

Happened to me many moons ago because I was having a nap & since then I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me I have kids at school!grin

Anybody else use this tricksmile

Zazzles007 Fri 21-Nov-14 21:17:20

...and he came out of nowhere.

Even better! A hawt date with a gorge, tall man that appeared out of nowhere. Do you have a magic wand that you can magic something similar for me? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now