Talk

Advanced search

to buy myself a Christmas present from santa?

(16 Posts)
notagainffffffffs Fri 21-Nov-14 17:02:38

I used to do this when I was single and honestly it is the best feeling, order myself something I would never ordinarily treat myself to, wrap it beautifully and be happy as a clam on Christmas day.
Im married now with dc and ive just found that I dont really get anything that I like and dh and I have quite a tight budget (self employed) so I end up with alot of slippers etc.
Anyway. Ive seen my favourite perfume reduced to half price, would I be unreasonable to just buy it and pretend the magic of Christmas made it materialise under my tree?
I will get dh one as well ;)

EatShitDezza Fri 21-Nov-14 17:06:33

I usually get a belated Santa gift grin

Nanasueathome Fri 21-Nov-14 17:07:32

I always buy myself a present from Santa
Always get something I want so am always pleased with it
Even wrap it and put it under the tree

Cameochick11 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:07:51

Do it! I always buy myself something.

Brokentopieces Fri 21-Nov-14 17:10:25

dd usually asks santa for something for me in her letter to santa, last year it was a phone

WeirdCatLady Fri 21-Nov-14 17:14:36

Santa always brings some bits and pieces for dh and I. One year, he decided that, although we owned a white wii, I would really love a red wii and lo and behold, there it was, under the tree. Bless him. wink

Marylou2 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:19:30

Excellent idea!! I fancy some Tom Ford eyeshadow so I might just join you. Also I love the phrase " happy as a clam" 'tis fabsmile

notagainffffffffs Fri 21-Nov-14 17:25:12

Ahh im so relieved! I mentioned it at work today and got shouted down about the spirit of Christmas and blah blah blah. Fuck it, I work hard and I dont ask for much!

WeirdCatLady Fri 21-Nov-14 17:31:23

Father christmas's elves once told me, in strictest confidence, that there is a whole section of the North Pole devoted to grown up gifts. They get very bored and would love to have more work to do.

So really, you're doing them a favour.

Won't someone please think of the elves?!?!

LosBreakingBad Fri 21-Nov-14 17:34:36

I always bought myself a Xmas gift, wrapped it up and filled in the gift card "with all my love David Bowie". My kids thought that he was my special friend for years.

Discopanda Fri 21-Nov-14 17:34:41

Do it!

ENormaSnob Fri 21-Nov-14 17:39:52

Definitely not unreasonable in any way shape or form.

MillyMollyMandy78 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:49:30

A few years ago i decided to buy myself a birthday present every year (a few days after New Year, when all the festivities are over, and weather is still cold and grey). I love it - never occured to me to wrap them too, but i might do that this year. I love choosing one thing i really want, and would never usually splash out on: always a bag/ shoes or piece of jewellery. go for it!

FinallyHere Fri 21-Nov-14 18:11:19

My sister and i usually decide to each buy ourselves a present for christmas. Bliss. xx

ILoveSimonCowell Fri 21-Nov-14 18:14:38

What a fantastic idea. Going to get DC to add a present on their list for me!

notagainffffffffs Fri 21-Nov-14 18:29:13

"with all my love David Bowie"

Actually spat out my hot chocolate laughing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now