Talk

Advanced search

To buy the Ikea leirvik bed

(16 Posts)
ilovehotsauce Fri 21-Nov-14 16:25:51

I wanted a "grown up bed" & to me it's a very teen/young girls bed.

We are about to complete on our first house our bed is knackered all the beds I like are massively more expensive and the money is better spent on other stuff but I'm still not sure.
Could I make it look less shabby chic more grown up?

Opinions please ladies?

diddl Fri 21-Nov-14 16:36:53

Not if you don't really like it.

What other stuff do you need?

Beds are important!

trufflesnout Fri 21-Nov-14 16:42:56

Yeah, don't buy it if you don't like it!

sparechange Fri 21-Nov-14 16:43:40

What about the Hemnes? Same sort of price and the white one looks both grown up and chic

iloveshortshorts Fri 21-Nov-14 16:49:51

hi have you looked on Pinterest they have lots of pictures of that bed and the way they have been decorated in different rooms. I really like that bed and will be buying smile

ilovehotsauce Fri 21-Nov-14 17:26:46

We need pretty much everything,

Sofa
living room storage
kitchen items
white goods
Bed for dd + extra bit's for her room
Curtains+blinds
Cushions and rugs

I'm not keen on the hemnes either I loved the pervious one, dh likes the malm I'm not keen (very pfb but the edges are really sharp!shock) I feel like it's fine but not sure I want that style for the next 5+ years! sad

Our new bedroom is massive with original wood flooring I wanted something calm and minimalist!--throws toys out of pram!--

ImpossibleGirl Fri 21-Nov-14 17:33:04

What about the SVELVIK frame? Still "iron" look, but less teenager-y ...

diddl Fri 21-Nov-14 17:46:51

Musken?

We have the Hemnes & love it!

ilovehotsauce Fri 21-Nov-14 18:00:04

If I could have the musken in white I would have that, I like svelvik but at £160 it's almost double the leirvik and as neither of them are my dream bed ie the f&b Oliver I love it but can't justify the priceblush

PurplePidjin Fri 21-Nov-14 18:05:31

Could you spend more money now on a REALLY good mattress and save up for a bed frame in a few months? Sounds like you've got a lot of pressure going on, so maybe putting off the decision for a bit would relieve some of that brew

ilovehotsauce Fri 21-Nov-14 18:38:51

We bought a new mattress last Jan in the sale as a compromise as we couldn't afford a whole new bed but now our bed is beyond the point of patching up so we need to decide! I should just be happy to get a new bed really!grin

ghostyslovesheep Fri 21-Nov-14 18:39:52

John Lewis basics double is £150 - I have one - it's really sturdy and well made

diddl Fri 21-Nov-14 20:30:52

So you want white metal?

Maybe if you don't put frilly/fussy bedding on?

crje Fri 21-Nov-14 21:03:32

Got one recently for 5 yr old
The timber lats are quite flimsy
Not sure it would hold two adults

diddl Fri 21-Nov-14 21:13:08

I thought that the wooden slats were separate & you could choose which you wanted?

ilovehotsauce Fri 21-Nov-14 21:32:20

Ideally i want this bed but it's currently on offer for £399 so a bit more than the Ikea one wink, at Ikea you have a choice of slats.

I'm tempted I've been looking at different bedroom ideas on pintrest, considering duck egg wall behind bed then grey/duck egg accessories, white curtains all the rest of the furniture white. Would that still feel shabby chic? It does in my head blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now