Talk

Advanced search

To ask for a refund

(6 Posts)
thecheekofthem Fri 21-Nov-14 12:01:06

We bought man-made fitted blinds for our kitchen / morning room over a year and a half ago - one medium window and one pair of patio doors - and the problems are:

1. they're not properly opaque - we didn't ask but we think they should be (only realised after a couple of months - but it now means we don't have total privacy)

2. the material frays (has done since we bought them and have been trimmed but still fray a little)

3. the chain comes off (has done three times)

4. one of them fell down yesterday - and I'm now fed up

We paid £630

To be fair he comes back when we have a problem but it's getting annoying

Thanks

Sn00p4d Fri 21-Nov-14 12:10:56

A year and a half seems excessive to be asking for a refund.

1. If you didn't ask/specify and you chose the fabric I don't see how this is grounds for a complaint, I've recently had conservatory blinds fitted and asked only to look at certain samples which met my needs so on this one yabu.
2. I agree this is not acceptable
3. Depends on usage I suppose, how rough are you being with the chain, who is using it when it breaks, is too much force being applied. If not then again, fair enough, shouldn't be happening.
4. Shouldn't be falling down obviously.

You mentioned they've been happy to come out and sort problems, how many problems have you had? How many times have the blinds been fixed and is there an ongoing issue? If there is a clear fault with them that's been repaired but the repair isn't working then I'd imagine you'd have some grounds to request a refund/partial refund/compensation of some sort taking into consideration you've had the use of them for a year and a half. If it's anything like appliances then they'll have an expected 'life' and you may be entitled to a refund of the difference.

Im sure someone with experience of this will be along in a moment though!

SavoyCabbage Fri 21-Nov-14 12:15:16

Over a year and a half ago is a long time. And they are fixing them when there's a problem.

thecheekofthem Fri 21-Nov-14 12:26:01

Thanks

He fixes when we have a problem but it's annoying asking him to come for the eighth time

It wasn't at all obvious when we ordered that the material is partially see-through (and it still annoys me)

McSqueezy Fri 21-Nov-14 12:31:43

I feel that maybe you should have said something earlier and insisted on a refund at that time. Living with them for 18 months and then asking for a refund is unreasonable IMO.

SavoyCabbage Fri 21-Nov-14 12:34:50

At least he comes though. I don't suppose he has to. Usually when you buy something you don't get it looked after for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now