Talk

Advanced search

I had forgotten it is my mums birthday in a few days, and I have not prepared anything.

(17 Posts)
GoodKingQuintless Thu 20-Nov-14 19:34:07

I have been so busy, and caught up in my own world, I have forgotten to arrange anything for my mum.

Not that she cares, or knows, or remembers or anything. But I usually send her some nice hand cream, maybe a nice merino sweater, and I make a booklet with pictures of my kids.

I only remembered after I had been to the post office to post Christmas gifts for my cousins! confused

I guess I could send her a box of chocolate? But it wont get there in time!!

I reckon Interflora is my best bet.

Mrsjayy Thu 20-Nov-14 19:37:32

Yes send her some nice flowers interflora to chocs too

MrsCosmopilite Thu 20-Nov-14 19:41:19

Flowers or there is a site where you can get a personalised hamper (food or other goodies) made up and sent out. Not sure what their turnaround is though.

Noteventhebestdrummer Thu 20-Nov-14 19:42:44

You could do a month free trial of Amazon prime so you get free next day delivery?

Send a book/DVD/kitchen gadget/pretty thing?

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 20-Nov-14 19:43:58

There are loads of sites who deliver in a day or two (unless she lives in the Outer Hebrides)

noblegiraffe Thu 20-Nov-14 19:48:58

Interflora chocs are minging.

These are nice www.sugarpoke.com/big-pokes-c-162.html

peachgirl Thu 20-Nov-14 20:00:54

Moonpig card and flowers?

LittleBearPad Thu 20-Nov-14 20:03:49

A few days... You'll be fine. Lots of places do next day delivery and a card will get there in loads of time.

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Thu 20-Nov-14 20:09:06

Flowers and a voucher for a massage or other pampering?

Jenijena Thu 20-Nov-14 20:10:36

Cake from sponge.co.uk?

jelliebelly Thu 20-Nov-14 20:14:33

This is what inter flora was invented for smile

GoodKingQuintless Sun 23-Nov-14 22:52:42

Interflora sorted.

I feel like shit though.

It is her 80th. She wont even know.

CocktailQueen Sun 23-Nov-14 22:56:04

Does she have Alzheimer's or another dementia? That's very hard. How about something to remind her of happy times - a cd from the 50s or 60s? Or something tactile - a shawl or blanket? A talking book?

Meechimoo Sun 23-Nov-14 22:56:06

How about some M&S vouchers, that's what I send my Mum? (the same age)

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Sun 23-Nov-14 22:56:58

Could you ring a florist or other service local to her and have them deliver directly?

Meechimoo Sun 23-Nov-14 22:57:03

Oh so sorry, missed the bit up thread

GoodKingQuintless Sun 23-Nov-14 23:03:18

There is nothing she would want.

I ordered here £50 worth of tulips in all colours available, £70 including delivery and a card.

Tulips are her favourite flower.

She needs nothing. Is in a lovely care home. Presence of family disturbs her now.

Although, I did mention her 80th to my cousin, the daughter of her youngest sibling, so I suspect her day wont be lonely! I reminded my niece her oldest grandchild of her birthday, so she will bring chocolate and visit, with my dad.

I cant do more.

I just spent a week with her in hospital holding her hand through a full hysterectomy back in October.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now