Talk

Advanced search

To work full time

(10 Posts)
poisonintheblood Thu 20-Nov-14 18:19:17

I have a 7 year old son and an eight month old daughter. I am a qualified English teacher and worked full time until we moved in 2012. This September I started doing a bit of supply to keep my hand in really and one of the schools has offered me a full time place in january. I love the school.

The thing is this, I won't beat round the bush. I want to leave DH in 2015. Working full time can only be a good thing as obviously it means we are financially secure. But can this be used against me, to try to get custody, or to claim I'm not a fit parent or whatever? Also I had mental health problems before which DH has always put down to teaching (I'm not convinced though) so I'm wondering if it could be used as an argument to say I'm not stable in some way.

Sorry if not making much sense, posting on my phone.

Sn00p4d Thu 20-Nov-14 18:27:37

Does he work full time?
I have no experience of this at all but flowers it's not an easy situation, look after yourself x

poisonintheblood Thu 20-Nov-14 18:29:25

He does, yes, but could afford a nanny I daresay which I probably couldn't confused and thank you flowers

Sirzy Thu 20-Nov-14 18:35:56

Working in a school will mean in general you will get holidays off with your older child which is good.

Child care costs should be split between you both anyway. No reason for you working to do anything other than reflect well on you

poisonintheblood Thu 20-Nov-14 21:01:01

Thank you. I think there's so much to think about and I am terrified of leaving but scared of staying, too.

youareallbonkers Thu 20-Nov-14 21:35:51

The courts would be very unlikely to award single "custody" to dad unless there is very good reason

Why not leave now?

poisonintheblood Thu 20-Nov-14 21:46:28

Lack of money primarily and i literally have nowhere to go

cestlavielife Thu 20-Nov-14 22:03:21

Working won't be held against you.
Child arrangements should start on premise of fifty fifty but work around individual circumstances

poisonintheblood Thu 20-Nov-14 22:17:05

Thank you smile

MissWing Thu 20-Nov-14 22:34:52

All the best OP you are being very brave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now