Talk

Advanced search

To think that this girl should be ashamed of herself?

(30 Posts)
WinterKisses Thu 20-Nov-14 10:57:32

There is a girl online who has posted a video of herself with a black eye promoting domestic abuse.

A quote from the video; 'If a man hits you, he loves you'.

This angers me, it has had thousands of views, why does this girl think that it's okay to be doing something like this?

I'll try and post a link to it so you can watch it but AIBU to think that this is dangerous and she should be ashamed of herself?

MrsCosmopilite Thu 20-Nov-14 11:03:05

I'd be reporting the video to the site(s) it is on and to the local authorities to the person in it.

It's horrible, and wrong.

wowfudge Thu 20-Nov-14 11:07:02

What's to say she hasn't been forced into it? Report it.

manicinsomniac Thu 20-Nov-14 11:07:08

Are you sure it's not some kind of mocked up shock tactic thing to raise awareness? Like the blog of the 12 year old Norwegian bride that was supposed to shock people into action about child brides in non western countries?

WinterKisses Thu 20-Nov-14 11:07:27

Here it is

AnnaFender Thu 20-Nov-14 11:13:52

I've seen it. It really is awful. I reported it to facebook (where I saw it) and they replied saying they were not removing it!

Squobble Thu 20-Nov-14 11:15:53

Does anyone else think its make up rather than a bruise?

WinterKisses Thu 20-Nov-14 11:16:33

I have also reported it to Facebook, Anna that's awful. They of all people must know how detrimental a video like this could be to younger eyes?

Makes me angry that they will allow something like this to circulate.

FreeWee Thu 20-Nov-14 11:18:23

It's a joke right?

LittleBairn Thu 20-Nov-14 11:19:54

WTF that's outrageous. I can only hope its some sort of reverse viral campaign to expose people's attitudes to domestic abuse.

ChippingInAutumnLover Thu 20-Nov-14 11:20:27

Fucking hell.

Really?

Really?

...and facebook think this is just fine.

Faez Thu 20-Nov-14 11:20:42

She's definitely taking the piss, it's not genuine.

ChippingInAutumnLover Thu 20-Nov-14 11:21:48

I really don't think it's a joke or a reverse or anything - look at her eyes when she says how much he loves her.

hoppus Thu 20-Nov-14 11:23:07

I can't believe a woman would really hold those opinions, I really really hope not. I'm not surprised at FB allowing it to circulate, they allow beheading, child abuse etc images and videos to circulate. Dare you breastfeed though hmm . Their morals are non existant.

ShadowsShadowsEverywhere Thu 20-Nov-14 11:25:38

Squabble yes, I have my suspicions, it's a very prefect round bruise which hasn't spread below the eye or above onto the upper lid, no swelling visible etc. I think this is some kind of very sick twisted stunt.

ShadowsShadowsEverywhere Thu 20-Nov-14 11:26:40

squobble sorry, autocorrect changed your name in my prev post!

WinterKisses Thu 20-Nov-14 11:27:19

She said that she has makeup on in the video but at the end she tells you that she has uploaded a photo of her bruise of Instagram, gives her name and tells you to follow her so she can prove that she's telling the truth.

Faez Thu 20-Nov-14 11:27:37

Maybe it is a cry for help as some have suggested
"She's trying to tell you she's being beaten and needs help and people aren't listening. She said she has 'proof' on instagram"

"I realized that this was the best way for her to tell the world what her boyfriend did. Everyone is watching the video, but if you pay attention she said she posted "proof" to her instagram. Everyone will see and know what he did. Not so dumb after all."

littlemslazybones Thu 20-Nov-14 11:27:52

This is a piss take.

LadyLuck10 Thu 20-Nov-14 11:30:38

She is one messed up person. Disgusting and shameful, how is she promoting this stuff.

DoJo Thu 20-Nov-14 11:31:48

Surely the man abusing her should be ashamed of himself? It sounds like she needs help if she really believes that, not condemnation.

mswibble Thu 20-Nov-14 11:31:59

She's a goady fucktard. Just had a quick look at her page and a few days ago she posted about 'dumb bitches staying with persons who beat them'. No doubt she is delighted with all this hoo-ha.

Tinkerball Thu 20-Nov-14 11:33:57

Surely it's some reverse thing and must be a campaign against do domestic violence....surely??

Tinkerball Thu 20-Nov-14 11:34:27

Or an attention seeking idiot.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Thu 20-Nov-14 11:34:28

It's a load of shite she's just after followers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now