Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why Heart.. more music variety? how do they have the gall?

(47 Posts)
ScarletFever Wed 19-Nov-14 12:39:25

we have heart radio (aparantly we cant get any other stations) on in the office, and seriously i dont know how they have the barefaced bloody cheek to say "more music variety" they played Paloma Faith - only love can hurt this way twice by 11.30am!! (once at 8.45). They ruin songs we used to like, by constantly playing the same songs all the time

its dire Heart...

ScarletFever Wed 19-Nov-14 12:39:41

www.reddit.com/r/britishproblems/comments/1jvtc5/

Sn00p4d Wed 19-Nov-14 14:14:01

If you have a serious love of madonna/identifying absolute nobodies saying one word then it's a fabulous station!
Nope nope nope, shite, it's banned in my house/car/ears in general!

StickyProblem Wed 19-Nov-14 14:15:31

Oh I know!!! We say the same! "LESS music variety, more like!" (We still listen to it though, best of a bad lot.) Having said that I haven't heard them say it lately though so perhaps Trading Standards made them stop.

StickyProblem Wed 19-Nov-14 14:17:04

And then every so often you get a track that's EVERYWHERE but they don't play it. Last year I would have put up with all the Gotye and Daft Punk every 7 minutes if they just would have played John Newman "Love Me Again" too. But no, it's never on there.

Mrsmorton Wed 19-Nov-14 14:20:39

Absolute radio. No repeat guarantee. Love it.

Rebecca2014 Wed 19-Nov-14 14:22:44

It is funny. I remember 2 years ago they were always playing that move like Jagger song.

I don't get why they can't get more songs?

Catnuzzle Wed 19-Nov-14 14:28:45

They always play Patrick Swayze, 'she's like the wind' as well. What's that about?

thatsn0tmyname Wed 19-Nov-14 14:38:34

Every other song is something from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. Tres dull.

peachgirl Wed 19-Nov-14 18:55:52

Seconding the Absolute radio recommendation - I'm a big fan of the Frank Skinner show on Saturday mornings smile

18yearstooold Wed 19-Nov-14 18:58:13

At least someone has bloody won who's on heart!

Months and months of boring guesses

Coffeeinthepark Wed 19-Nov-14 18:58:57

They really lost me with Who's on Heart - the most stupid and boring competition ever invented. They must have made a fortune from it.

ThatDamnedBitch Wed 19-Nov-14 19:07:29

I mostly listen to Absolute 80's. Except for that cunt they have on on weekday mornings, can't remember his name. I turn over to Chris Evans on Radio 2 for the breakfast show.

VulvaVoom Wed 19-Nov-14 19:10:30

'I keep going to the river to pray' over and bloody over - fuck off!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 19-Nov-14 19:11:30

Natasha Beddingfield "These Words"
Amy Winehouse "Back to Black"

over and over and over....
I listen to LBC.
No singin' wink

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 19-Nov-14 19:12:19

Yes! They always play Patrick Swayzee! Years ago it was always that buttercup song

atoughyear Wed 19-Nov-14 19:15:58

They always play 'We don't have to take out clothes off' too confused

TheAlias Wed 19-Nov-14 19:21:52

Why are they constantly playing Ah Ha? Practically one hit wonders from 3 decades ago and thieir song is always being played on there.

rosierelala Wed 19-Nov-14 19:30:17

Eugh forced to listen to this at work. I swear that I can tell the time by whats playing on that station. I am positive they have one playlist and allow no deviation. So sick of happy, get into the groove and we dont have to take our clothes off.......

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Wed 19-Nov-14 19:34:07

The worst thing about Heart is it seems like it's playing on every bloody frequency. When we drive long distances it's the only thing on!
I do live for hearing she's like the wind though blush

BastardGoDarkly Wed 19-Nov-14 19:35:04

Absolute is no repeat during the day, but the next day is all the same songs, so that gets on my tits too, not as much as the egotistical knob ends that make up radio one though confused

And yes to Frank Skinner on Saturdays!

londonrach Wed 19-Nov-14 19:36:29

I miss the local stations. Heat took over orchard fm and others a few years ago. Been downhill since...

BastardGoDarkly Wed 19-Nov-14 19:36:31

I was actually listening when the bloke won 'who's on heart' after almost a year of the fucking guessing!

BackforGood Wed 19-Nov-14 19:46:48

I presume they've made a fortune from the 'Who's on Heart' phone ins, but I bet they've lost a lot of listeners - I turned off months ago as it was just so annoying every hour + several adverts for it throughout the hour as well.

Good to know it's gone for a bit, so I can listen again I quite like the music blush Although, in my defence, I only ever listen for short bursts at a time, I never listen for hours on end.

SageSeymour Wed 19-Nov-14 19:48:00

Bruno Mars. Adele. Olly Murs.

And repeat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now