Talk

Advanced search

Snapcash? Am I being unreasonable to think

(4 Posts)
Hurr1cane Wed 19-Nov-14 06:37:53

Just seen an update for snapchat on my phone. Now, me and my friends only use it for our children with autism who are friends to send messages to each other trying to talk and listen etc. It's brilliant practise for them and they love it. I don't really use it for anything else.

But the update basically says that in America (for now) you'll be able to send money to your friends on snapchat.

What would be the point of this if not to just pay someone for.... Certain photos? Isn't it just encouraging selling photos of yourself?

Am I reading too much into this? I really hope I am being unreasonable and it's just my severe lack of knowledge of social media and technology making me think like this.

Joshuajosephspork Wed 19-Nov-14 07:19:21

why can't it be 'Oh, here's that fiver I owe you!'? Don't see that it has to be any more sinister than that.

foreverdepressed Wed 19-Nov-14 07:25:13

It is a nice idea but in reality it will be used by perverts to bribe children into sending inappropriate photos. YANBU.

Hurr1cane Wed 19-Nov-14 07:44:25

I suppose it could be 'here's that fiver I owe you' but there's loads of ways of doing that already isn't there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now