Talk

Advanced search

Grubby?

(10 Posts)
Moominmammacat Tue 18-Nov-14 22:18:03

My husband refuses to wash before bed after a day in London/on the Tube. He does wash his hands but he says soap would upset his skin. He doesn't actually smell, well not in the Winter, and he has showers in the gym sometimes. But I think it is just grubby .. And the grunge that comes off on his pillow! Opinions please ...

duchesse Tue 18-Nov-14 22:27:40

I think the tube stinks to high heaven and the first thing I want to do when 'I get back from London is wash it out of my hair. But then I do live in Devon, so my tolerance to urban smells is low. My personal feeling (especially if you share a bed) is that it's only polite to wash properly before retiring.

Is he too tired do you think to have a shower? Or is it as he says and he doesn't want to upset his skin? In which case you buy him some lovely shower gel just for him that is not drying (we buy Original Source and they are lovely with zingy flavours that make you want to have a shower).

phoolani Tue 18-Nov-14 22:31:23

We're a pair of Londoners/tubers, so I guess we just don't smell each other!

Beamur Tue 18-Nov-14 22:33:40

Wash your pillows more often.
It's his choice.
Soap police wink

SocialMediaAddict Tue 18-Nov-14 22:34:08

I don't shower before bed as I shower in morning so I'm a grubby Londoner. Never notice a smell. Only on mumsnet have I read about black snot from travelling on the tube!

OraProNobis Tue 18-Nov-14 22:34:55

Too much soap and washing is very bad for your skin.

Bartlebee Tue 18-Nov-14 22:39:00

I go to London only once or twice a month, but I feel so grubby afterwards, I can't imagine not wanting to leap into the shower. But, I wouldn't get into bed without having had a shower or bath. (Yes, I am one of those 2 or more showers a day types)

And yes, if you extract anything from your nose for inspection it is black!

SaucyJack Tue 18-Nov-14 22:41:12

If he showers/baths in the morning then YABU.

One wash a day is plenty.

SickInBedOnTwoChairs Tue 18-Nov-14 22:42:23

Someone will come on here soon and mention poo crumbs!

YANBU it is basic manners to be clean in bed with someone else. Old sweaty grubby skin cells and skank sticking to the sheets - eeuw! Tell him Medieval England rang and want him back! Move into another bed until he learns something he should have done when he was nine. And as for the soap dodgers, agree that some hellish alkaline preparations for skin are harsh but most bodywash has no soap in at all. It's an excuse to be lazy and selfish

phoolani Tue 18-Nov-14 22:44:08

SocialMedia - black snot was definitely a thing some years ago, I used to marvel at mine of an evening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now