Advanced search

AIBU to want to do something about exh?

(5 Posts)
cleoismycat Tue 18-Nov-14 21:38:08

I am currently off work with depression/anxiety. I divorced last year and my exh is horrid. Today my 6 yr old d's says to me that daddy says yours off work because you drink too much wine and should stop going to the pub. This is categorically untrue and I'm furious that he has said this to her. What can I do? This is just the tip of the iceberg btw. confused

Calloh Tue 18-Nov-14 21:43:56

Christ, he sounds awful!

If your DS says something like this again I would try and stay calm and say something like "well, we all say silly things from time to time, Daddy isn't right about that"

Can you ring him up and explain how damaging that kind of crap is or would he be utterly unresponsive?

What a total dickhead

cleoismycat Tue 18-Nov-14 22:32:58

Can I do anything legally to stop this shite?

Lozislovely Tue 18-Nov-14 22:49:22

I'm not sure what you can do legally but if it was me I'd be calmly speaking to ex asking what he was hoping to achieve other than messing with DS's mind - is that what he really wants???

I had similar with my ex 'my house is obviously dirty' because the DS's had colds. I was spending maintenance on wine/lager etc and therefore ignoring the children.

Tell your child the truth without slagging off twatish ex, as hard as it is, they work it out for themselves.

cleoismycat Wed 19-Nov-14 18:42:41

Not sure how much I can take.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now