Talk

Advanced search

To want to know why the person claiming that Sara Payne is lying

(23 Posts)
Ir1na Tue 18-Nov-14 20:30:42

hasn't been deleted from Twitter yet? It's been on there all day, and the guy seems to be a troll, a paedo and/or a David-Icke-reading conspiracy nut!! angry

CelesteToTheDance Tue 18-Nov-14 20:42:13

I want to know what type of sick fucks get off on stalking and harassing people like this poor woman? Disturbing angry

Ir1na Tue 18-Nov-14 20:54:35

I wouldn't call one post stalking, just being a major asshole!! Or they actually believe the bollox, like the ridiculous Sandy Hook group do. shock

CelesteToTheDance Tue 18-Nov-14 21:04:15

I wasn't talking about that person, she left twitter because she's been driven off by numerous cunts over the years who won't leave her alone!!! Sorry I assumed the person you were talking about was attacking her over that???

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 18-Nov-14 21:05:30

Lying about what? Her daughter being murdered? That person is very unpleasant indeed.

The Sandy Hook "conspiracy theorists" are sick.

Ir1na Tue 18-Nov-14 22:13:29

Alisvolatpropiis Yes, or that it wasn't done by a paedo. Also that some campaigner she works with is 'manipulative and lying' (although I dunno what about).

raltheraffe Tue 18-Nov-14 22:15:57

Shame he is not picking on the McCanns, he would probably be stalked by Sky news reporters.

ExitPursuedByABear Tue 18-Nov-14 22:16:54

What have I missed?

Ir1na Tue 18-Nov-14 23:10:30

CelesteToTheDance Yeah I've Googled that now, I didn't realise there was a whole bunch! Although, you can now get two years in jail for severe trolling...

enriquetheringbearinglizard Tue 18-Nov-14 23:18:08

I saw the reports but don't follow her so haven't seen the abuse.
There are such mindless cretins out there. Gemma Collis, Team GB's wheelchair fencing athlete has been getting abuse from people who think she's the woman in the jungle confused

I think Twitter controls are generally very lax and slow to respond to trolls and awful abusers so keyboard warriors who think they're anonymous get very brave. Until they're traced and prosecuted.

fourwoodenchairs Tue 18-Nov-14 23:29:37

Some of the things that you give a shit about but not others is strange, OP.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Tue 18-Nov-14 23:35:30

Agree with fourwoodenchairs

Ir1na Tue 18-Nov-14 23:39:50

I have no idea either why I'm really affected by some people/things and not others. I try not to fake it either way - so that includes not hiding things I AM bothered about! blush

Ir1na Tue 18-Nov-14 23:50:04

This troll guy also says we should scrap the age of consent! I don't think I'm the unbelievably strange one here!sad

WhizzpopWhizzBang Wed 19-Nov-14 00:44:48

I read in the paper earlier that she'd been forced to delete her Twitter profile because of sick people trolling her and making 'jokes' about the death of her daughter.
What the fuck is WRONG with some people?! (And I don't swear lightly.)
Surely in this day and age there must be some way to hunt down the person behind such malicious and sick tweets and bring them to justice.
Sometimes they DO get exposed. Or is it only dependent on how much power, klout or money you have? (Not aimed at any specific person, just a generic musing)

vanillabird Wed 19-Nov-14 00:58:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 19-Nov-14 00:59:16

Why what's happened.

Ir1na Wed 19-Nov-14 01:38:18

Vanillabird Just as well I didn't go on there and try to defend her earlier then, wouldn't want to have made it worse! Was seriously considering it, but thought better of it after getting rude comments on this thread. blush

Ir1na Wed 19-Nov-14 02:06:44

Still agree with and am impressed by her campaigning though! flowers

Ir1na Wed 19-Nov-14 19:03:28

Okay, have been ignoring since yesterday morning, nothing has changed yet. sad Hopefully it won't take much longer to delete and arrest them, because Shy Keenan seems to know what she's doing with that kind of thing.

Ir1na Thu 20-Nov-14 00:31:15

Considering how many people were telling me last week that we should ALL be standing up for victims and that it should be everyone's problem or else it's diminishing society, etc etc, I'm surprised people aren't more bothered about this one!! hmm

msgrinch Thu 20-Nov-14 00:36:21

That woman is amazing, I can't imagine the pain she goes through and yet she still battles on. she's a real role model for everyone.

Any sub human that insults/trolls her should be locked up. I wish I could have an ounce of her character.

raltheraffe Thu 20-Nov-14 10:29:49

Report and ignore-that is the best way to treat an internet troll. If you kick off at the troll that is exactly what they want and reinforces the trolling behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now