Talk

Advanced search

Baby dungarees

(18 Posts)
Callaird Mon 17-Nov-14 21:58:26

Why do companies make dungarees for babies and toddlers with poppers in the lags that. Never. Bloody. Stay. Done. Up?!

I've been a nanny for 28 years. I always tell employers never to buy dungarees with poppers but here I am, yet again with finger cramp and a million stabs after seeing up another pair of dungarees!! Argh!

Meloria Mon 17-Nov-14 22:01:37

What an awful problem.

museumum Mon 17-Nov-14 22:03:13

My ds has never come unpoppered. He's had pairs from about 6mo till now (14mo). I love them, so easy for nappy changing.

Betsy003 Mon 17-Nov-14 22:04:03

But they always look super cute !!!

wheresthelight Mon 17-Nov-14 22:06:23

yabu you are the nanny so get no say in what clothes a child is bought

calmexterior Mon 17-Nov-14 22:06:48

Love them. So comfy and cuddly. YABU!

Notfastjustfurious Mon 17-Nov-14 22:07:59

I love baby dungarees and the poppers were no bother - John Lewis ones. So now you're sorted��

minipie Mon 17-Nov-14 22:10:21

I had one pair like that... drove me mad and put me off buying dungarees with poppers. But others were fine.

why not change the child into something else...?

Artandco Mon 17-Nov-14 22:11:46

Mine always wore dungerees. Didn't have poppers just pulled down to change

Castlemilk Mon 17-Nov-14 22:12:03

I sewed the legs up.

Loletta Mon 17-Nov-14 22:12:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Notso Mon 17-Nov-14 22:13:20

I found if the poppers started undoing either the nappy needed changing or the dungarees were too small.

I love dungarees on babies and little children.

Callaird Mon 17-Nov-14 22:40:50

I love dungarees on babies and toddlers. They just look so cute. I just hate the poppers. I don't know why they make them with poppers, it's just as quick whipping them off and on as doing 10+ poppers back! The baby gap ones that I sewed up today are age 18-24 months for a average size 14 month old, so not too small.

I might be just the nanny but I have a lot of say in what happens in my charges life, my boss respects me and my experience. My boss did not buy them, they were a present, my boss gave me the go ahead to change them but they are last season stock and sold in the sale and I didn't have the receipt so they wouldn't take them back. I don't like waste and so I made them fit to wear. I was just moaning because my hand cramped up and my tennis elbow is playing up.

This is the third pair my 14 month old charge has had that burst open as soon as he sat down. And I must have seen up 20 pairs in my career!! Just being a grouch, bad day all round really.

CruCru Mon 17-Nov-14 22:46:00

My nanny hates dungarees too. Also, I don't agree that you get no say in what the kids you look after wear. I often ask my nanny's opinion before buying, say, a winter coat.

PacificDogwood Mon 17-Nov-14 22:47:53

YANBU, not at all.

Love baby dungarees, but the leg popper are a pain!

What's wrong with proper trouser legs, eh?

Callaird Mon 17-Nov-14 22:54:49

Ah CruCru I don't hate them! They do look cute but I was grumpy!!

I buy most of my charges clothes. I do run them past my boss before washing and putting them on, if she really didn't like them I'd return them, like the oh so cute cream cords that I bought on Friday, she thought they were a bit girly and not practical so I took them back. She buys clothes that I don't like, I just don't put them on them!

I've bought the clothes for all my charges, my second charges and I are having a facebook chat at the moment about the hideous clothes I bought and put them in 27 years ago!! So I'm putting photos of them in facebook. Poor boys!

Snatchoo Mon 17-Nov-14 23:39:05

I love dungarees and would have had my three in them all the time when little.

In never had this problem. Thus, YABU.

steff13 Mon 17-Nov-14 23:39:40

Do you mean jeans with snaps on the legs? If so, I don't recall having that issue. I usually for my kids' jeans at Old Navy or Target.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now