Talk

Advanced search

To not get this new faze where everything is covered in shitting glitter

(22 Posts)
WrappedInABlankie Mon 17-Nov-14 21:53:04

It's everywhere on facebook hmm boxes of maltesers because who the hell keeps the boxes??? covered in red glitter, glasses, candles, ash trays and the best yet

a god damn potty Why does something that your child is using to shit in need to be covered in bloody glitter! as well as cat and dog bowls?

am I the only one who doesn't get it

madwomanbackintheattic Mon 17-Nov-14 21:54:25

I haven't seen anything covered in glitter....

BertieBotts Mon 17-Nov-14 21:55:29

You need the glittery shit thread in classics, it's hilarious. It's called "Stupid facebook selling" or something like that.

blondiep14 Mon 17-Nov-14 21:56:51

Ah yes, Lambrini bottles (label left un-glittery), glasses, ashtray and lighter, being sold as a set, is the best I've seen.
People buy them confused

motherofmonster Mon 17-Nov-14 21:57:17

Oh is this the thing where people seem to be let loose with glitter, crystals and a glue gun? Nope don't get it either.
although admittedly did try on a pair of shoes,and they looked like something that blue Peter would have given a special badge for trying hard too

TimeForAnotherNameChange Mon 17-Nov-14 21:57:18

Phase.

But that asides, no, you're not the only one who doesn't get it. I think it's awful.

BlinkAndMiss Mon 17-Nov-14 21:58:34

Yep look at the glittery shit thread in classics, there was also a second thread when the classics one filled up which is still on here somewhere. It's unbelievable what people will sell, even more unbelievable what people will actually pay money for.

ClangerOnaComeDown Mon 17-Nov-14 22:10:46

Yup pop over to classics and then chat for part two. All the glittery shit you could ever hope to laugh at.

motherofmonster Mon 17-Nov-14 22:11:47

A vjazzled lambrini bottle..that sounds like pure class ( desperately trying not to order one for a special someone's Christmas present)

overslept Mon 17-Nov-14 22:34:20

I've had this little beauty for about 3 years now

WrappedInABlankie Mon 17-Nov-14 22:40:28

Well as some of you haven't seen it. Here's the sparkly crapper for £20! and the sparkly food bowls for £15

Mrwillywonkasbitch Mon 17-Nov-14 22:48:40

Glad I'm not not the only one who thinks this! If anyone buys me anything glittery for Christmas it's going in the bin, I just don't get it! Next there'll be glittery condoms... Extra ribbed and a vagazzle all in one. I wonder if these people fart glitter confused

Jolleigh Mon 17-Nov-14 23:02:19

I've seen the wine glasses covered in glitter. Always makes me shudder...it's got to be unpleasant to drink from?!?

WrappedInABlankie Mon 17-Nov-14 23:07:45

Apparently they cover it in some glossy finish that makes it all smooth and dishwasher safe hmm

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 17-Nov-14 23:10:00

I posted this on the other thread but I think it's worth a repeat showing

DillydollyRIP Mon 17-Nov-14 23:12:06

Wow. That's really something! How much are they wanting for that?!

squoosh Mon 17-Nov-14 23:14:29

People who buy this tat are the sort to put eleventy billion loose glittery stars in their party invitations which spill all over the feckin' place.

AgathaF Mon 17-Nov-14 23:16:33

No. There's no need for glitter once you leave primary school.

BertieBotts Mon 17-Nov-14 23:27:12

Boobs on a pint glass with a weird disembodied arm? Oh no it's a spatula hmm

Totally bizarre. What is with the stick thin arms and the comedy malteser boobs?

I actually like glitter but I don't geddit.

Purplepixiedust Tue 18-Nov-14 00:16:04

Wow at some of the examples shown and not in a good way. I have seen local selling pages advertising wine glasses dipped in glitter (clearly homemade). I fluctuate between 'I could make my own' - not that I would want to, to 'you couldn't put them in the dishwasher'! You are not being unreasonable OP!

BettyFocker Tue 18-Nov-14 00:33:05

I saw this on my Facebook earlier. Glittery wine glasses and a glittery bottle of Blossom Hill (label intact and un-glittery). I've no idea why you'd buy a bog-standard wine bottle at some ridiculous price just because it's had pink glitter vomited all over it?

Discopanda Tue 18-Nov-14 00:49:02

I think most of the time it just looks tacky! I am doing glitter wine glasses for Christmas for some family members BUT only the stem and base because all over is too much. I seem to have a surplus of wine glasses because if you drink the whole bottle of wine at the pub you wake up with a free glass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now