Talk

Advanced search

To be fucking sick of this weather?

(47 Posts)
summersfuckinglonggone Mon 17-Nov-14 17:19:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NorwaySpruce Mon 17-Nov-14 17:21:22

Lucky you. We just have 'mild'.

No rain, no autumn winds, no frost, no morning chill.

38ish days til Christmas, and I don't even need a coat. If I had money, I'd be moving to Norway right about now fgrin

WorraLiberty Mon 17-Nov-14 17:25:15

3 months???

When are we getting snow?

I need snow sad

summersfuckinglonggone Mon 17-Nov-14 17:26:29

scurryfunge Mon 17-Nov-14 17:30:04

I love snow unless I have to travel anywhere,like work. Constant rain is pretty depressing, though I have managed to sit in the garden this week. I hate non-weather...just dank,mild nothingness.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 17-Nov-14 17:33:00

I've put the heating on for an hour, not because its cold but because I'm not keen on that damp feeling in the air.

I don't mind the rain, good excuse to eat toast and drink tea and hibernate

HesterShaw Mon 17-Nov-14 17:35:41

Looks as though it will be fairly similar to last winter but with maybe a colder spell at some point
<total and utter hearsay, in no way an expert etc etc)

Hopefully the dredging of the rivers in the Levels will have had some effect. However we can't stop the sea battering us sad

Showy Mon 17-Nov-14 17:43:05

It's okay here. Odd bit of rain but not awful; washing dried outside today.

FarOverTheRainbow Mon 17-Nov-14 17:44:24

YANBU I absolutely hate this weather

summersfuckinglonggone Mon 17-Nov-14 17:45:02

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 17-Nov-14 17:47:27

It rains so much. My coat doesnt have chance to dry. I have two actually and both soaked.

steff13 Mon 17-Nov-14 17:48:23

We got 5" of snow this morning. It's 29F (-1.6C) out. The kids are home on a snow day, and they're getting cabin fever.

summersfuckinglonggone Mon 17-Nov-14 17:50:57

steff13 Mon 17-Nov-14 17:58:53

Ohio. If you like weather, Ohio is the place for you. smile We get snow, ice, wind, and bitter cold in the winter; sometimes with windchills as low as -20 F (-28 C). Then spring comes, and we have thunder, lightening, hail, and tornados. In July and August, it's humid with heat 95-100 F (35-37 C).

cheesecakemom Mon 17-Nov-14 18:03:57

I've been seeing pictures of Ohio and Minnesota - feeling quite jealous of all the snow!!

stubbornstains Mon 17-Nov-14 18:04:56

Oh....as in more storms, Hester? That's going to get boring pretty quickly this year sad.

(By the way, I was down your way on Friday and the sea was kicking off already....I parked on the prom and came back to a salt encrusted car sitting in a big puddle).

sliceofsoup Mon 17-Nov-14 18:08:35

I don't like this weather for the simple fact that it feels like we are having our winter delayed and it will suddenly hit in January and be like -15C and go on until June.

Probably a total overreaction on my part but it all feels really ominous.

And its the first winter in 5 years we have been able to afford enough oil to get us through and its just sitting there.

Here here - every time it rains the hole in my bedroom ceiling gets bigger and wetter sad. Bloody wet washing is also everywhere ...

Primadonnagirl Mon 17-Nov-14 18:45:26

Noooo snow!!! Don't want slippy pavements so frost and ice can bugger off too! Yes rain is depressing and un Christmassy but Al least you don't break your arm!! And have to cart about another pair of shoes all the time. And walk like a penguin.

pantsjustpants Mon 17-Nov-14 18:47:05

I hate the rain too. I'd rather the weather did anything but rain tbh!

Kids getting soaked on school run, Dh & ds1 are roofers so soaked all day pretty much! We have a 5month old puppy who hasn't learnt to wipe her feet and just loves the rain.

Last, but not least, Dh bought me a lovely new winter coat for my birthday. It's been too warm and too wet to wear...hmm

ShakeYourTailFeathers Mon 17-Nov-14 18:49:51

We have plenty of snow in Canada...it's been cold and sunny for the last week (-12 or so during the day, -20 at night) and now warmed up a bit today to about the +2 mark. Very nice.

But lots of the white stuff from a week or so ago..5" maybe in all? It'll soon go if it stays mild though.

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 17-Nov-14 18:51:15

I wish it would get colder and stay dry, at least when it is cold you can wrap up and feel cosy in your layers. Nothing worse than constant rain to make you feel down. I love the freezing cold days when the sky is blue and the sun is shining, I adore walking the dog on these days, but they are a distant memory.

Methe Mon 17-Nov-14 18:51:16

I quite like it smile

TwelveLeggedWalk Mon 17-Nov-14 18:51:29

Hear hear.
Our cunting tumble dryer, which I seem to spend £££ on repairing every year, is now short circuiting half the house. So I have to figure out how to dry 40000 loads of washing, fix the dryer, and figure out why our fuse box isn't doing what it should. Which all sounds hideously expensive.
Dry would be lovely for a bit.

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 17-Nov-14 18:54:59

I like the freezing but bright days. At least i can go shopping and not end up looking like a drowned rat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now