Talk

Advanced search

To ask where you got married in scotland?

(72 Posts)
pennygirl26 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:36:21

I feel im stealing other peoples ideas but here goes. I would love to find ou where you got married to have a look at venues and areas? I have posted before but i have to change alot of plans.

BistoBear Mon 17-Nov-14 13:39:15

I got married here on the banks of Loch Lomond, stunning!

weebarra Mon 17-Nov-14 13:42:25

Cromlix house near dunblane (before Andy Murray bought it). Lovely venue.

TheRealNightsWatch Mon 17-Nov-14 13:51:45

I got married in the church at Luss and had our reception at Cameron House.

It was so good words can't really explain it!

CrystalQueen Mon 17-Nov-14 14:13:22

Stirling registry office - well it's where I used to live!

Sn00p4d Mon 17-Nov-14 14:21:06

Smiths at Gretna green x

pinkisthenewpink Mon 17-Nov-14 14:30:37

Bunchrew house hotel in Inverness. Pretty, old mansion house, lovely gardens on the banks of the Beauly firth. Very romantic setting.

bunchrewhousehotel.com

LoisHatesChristmas Mon 17-Nov-14 14:33:11

New Lanark its a world heritage sight.

angelopal Mon 17-Nov-14 14:51:37

Haddo house chapel. Its a national trust property in aberdeenshire. Gardens are beautiful.

TheTruffleHunter Mon 17-Nov-14 14:57:32

Another one at the Blacksmiths in Gretna. I had been worried it might feel a little tacky but it was really romantic!

wigglybeezer Mon 17-Nov-14 14:57:49

Dunblane Cathedral.

weegiemum Mon 17-Nov-14 14:59:54

Ceremony at my family church in Perth, then reception at Huntingtower Hotel

milkpudding Mon 17-Nov-14 15:15:28

We got married in Edinburgh registry office and we stayed at Prestonfield hotel, which was wonderful. I think Preston field also host weddings. It is a magical place to stay, please look at their website.

HamishBamish Mon 17-Nov-14 15:36:06

Could I suggest the Scottish Wedding Magazine (at least that's what I remember it to be called). It has loads information on Scottish wedding venues (and suppliers etc).

I have been to weddings at both of these venues and they were lovely. You're really spoilt for choice in Scotland.

www.strath.ac.uk/rescat/rosspriory/weddingsatrosspriorylochlomond/

oxenfoord.co.uk

MelanieCheeks Mon 17-Nov-14 15:47:28

Gretna Green of course!

3of5 Mon 17-Nov-14 16:05:18

I didn't get married in Scotland, but have attended many. Mainly in Ayrshire - check out Loch Green, the Piersland Hotel in Troon, Brig O'Doon Hotel in Alloway. Lots and lots of lovely places!

Coffeethrowtrampbitch Mon 17-Nov-14 16:10:45

I got married at Balgonie Castle in Fife. It has a beautiful 14th century chapel which is lit with candles and looks like a fairytale. The laird and lady are lovely and very welcoming, the castle is their home and they restored the main tower and chapel themselves over many years.

It is also very, very good value, we paid less than £1000 for the wedding and drinks reception in the courtyard.

Good luck with your big day!

lynniep Mon 17-Nov-14 16:19:27

We were married at Comlongon Castle in Dumfries. nearly a decade ago. We only had 14 guests, but it was really lovely. The steps up to the tower where the ceremony was weren't all that popular with the elderlies though!

We also considered www.dalhousiecastle.co.uk/index.php/home/ but we didn't like the setting and we couldn't use the gorgeous chapel for our civil ceremony.

museumum Mon 17-Nov-14 16:24:15

Our local registry office - which just happens to be on the corner of the Royal Mile smile

JustWantToBeDorisAgain Mon 17-Nov-14 16:42:11

My sis got married in a lovely church on the banks of loch inch in the highlands followed by a reception in a local village hall with an honesty bar, and a catering company . It was fab! ( possibly more authentic as it started snowing coming out of the church)

JustWantToBeDorisAgain Mon 17-Nov-14 16:44:44

Also saw another lovely wedding at Brodie castle which is national trust but has a chapel in the grounds.

weebarra Mon 17-Nov-14 17:21:52

I went to a wedding at Dalhousie last year, it's very local to us and lovely.

Nervo Mon 17-Nov-14 17:35:00

Perth. Church and then hotel round the corner.

LoisHatesChristmas Mon 17-Nov-14 17:50:37

Any particular region of interest op?

ThomasDisaster Mon 17-Nov-14 17:54:29

Another Cromlix House pre Andy Murray.

I have been back since and while the renovation is amazing I just don't love it as much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now