Advanced search

To cut all contact with exh despite the children?

(15 Posts)
Sorryconnectioncannotbefound Mon 17-Nov-14 08:16:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

motherofmonster Mon 17-Nov-14 08:19:54

Are you divorced?

Thumbwitch Mon 17-Nov-14 08:20:05

I'm amazed you've lasted this long, tbh.

He sounds like a dead loss - and he's obviously not in your DC's lives, so really, no one is going to miss him. Even if he goes to court over it, you have plenty of reason to show that he has had no input, so you should be fine.

So long as your DC know and understand why you're doing it, then I can't see the problem.

Sorryconnectioncannotbefound Mon 17-Nov-14 08:26:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Andrewofgg Mon 17-Nov-14 08:33:14

How old are they?

Don't assume you will succeed if he takes it to court. It is impossible to predict.

Thumbwitch Mon 17-Nov-14 08:34:14

Then go for it - sounds like you don't have anything to lose. Is he likely to be violent? If so, you could give the police a heads up, just in case.
But all you have to do is not respond to his messages from now on, isn't it? Or change your number?

ArsenicSoup Mon 17-Nov-14 08:37:07

Do it.

The DC have no relationship with him anyway.

He makes your life considerably harder than it would otherwise be.

Can't really call himself a father can he?

Sorryconnectioncannotbefound Mon 17-Nov-14 08:37:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sorryconnectioncannotbefound Mon 17-Nov-14 08:38:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArsenicSoup Mon 17-Nov-14 08:41:54

I am frightened honestly of what will happen if I don't reply

Then you need DV appropriate legal advice.

A letter or an injunction might be enough to put him off.

ArsenicSoup Mon 17-Nov-14 08:43:19

His solicitor (if he can be arsed to get one/pay) will advise him re the realistic prospects of securing long term contact with unwilling teens.

Sorryconnectioncannotbefound Mon 17-Nov-14 08:47:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArsenicSoup Mon 17-Nov-14 09:31:39

I was in a similar (not identical) situation. I moved house. Counties, in fact.

Drastic I know, but worth some thought?

redexpat Mon 17-Nov-14 11:25:47

I think it is possible to have a telephone number flagged by the emergency services, so if he were to turn up and you rang 999 they would be straight there. I don't know how to go about this though. Anyone?

redexpat Mon 17-Nov-14 11:26:51

Oh and his health is NOT your responsibility.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: