Talk

Advanced search

To want to send my DS's teacher an anonymous card and gift

(11 Posts)
SallyMcgally Sun 16-Nov-14 23:29:26

She's fabulous! Really committed and kind and always goes extra mile for any of the kids. And I think she should know that that's how she's seen, but DS is 13 and I really don't want it to look as if I'm trying to curry favour for him. I'd have found it easier at Primary School in some ways where loads of parents give presents. Also I do feel a bit shy tbh, but I feel so grateful to her. Would it be really weird? I thought a £15 Waterstones voucher ( she's English teacher and Head of Year) and a card saying she does a great job and we're really grateful.

BlueGreenHazelGreen Sun 16-Nov-14 23:31:13

Why not just send the card then? I would think that's the bit that will really be appreciated.

rootypig Sun 16-Nov-14 23:33:30

I think that's a lovely idea OP. I'd love a book gift voucher! heaven. And most Waterstones have a lovely cafe, if she wants to use it for a treat.

And this is one of the times where anonymity will make it more magical, because everyone might be the person who loves her so. smile

YouTheCat Sun 16-Nov-14 23:35:11

Send an email to her head of department and to her.

SallyMcgally Mon 17-Nov-14 00:05:26

Thanks all. rooty that's lovely - she might like the idea that it could be any of them smile, though take the point too that it would be good for her to have acknowledgement sent to her head possibly even signed by a sensible functioning adult. I'm not usually so dithery, just that DS is vulnerable to bullying, so am chary of doing anything that might draw extra attention to him. I know she wouldn't tell the other kids obvs but have ended up over- thinking it. And I also thought if it were anonymous she'd know it was really meant.

halamadrid Mon 17-Nov-14 00:31:46

I wanted to thank all of the teachers for helping my teenage son when he moved to a new school. I posted a card containing words of appreciation to the head of year. There was no way ds would have handed it in. I don't think you have to be anonymous, just post it.

rootypig Mon 17-Nov-14 00:32:55

An anonymous gift is a wonderful thing OP - just think of MN secret santa. It's lovely to know that someone out there appreciates you enough to bring a little magic to your life. Go for it, I say. Message the head of dept / head teacher at the end of the year with effusive praise.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 17-Nov-14 00:40:48

Why anon. What's the shame in praising someone.
My D.D's teacher in year 3 was amazing. Really dedicated. It stood out a million miles that it was her calling. She really brought d.d out of her shell. And was also very approachable with the parents.
I remember she was off sick one week and d.d was crying for her.
I bought her wine chocolates soap ect and wrote her a card to show my gratitude.

SallyMcgally Mon 17-Nov-14 00:58:54

Your DD's teacher sounds lovely. It's not shame really - more feeling a bit shy. But I like the idea of letting head teacher know she's fab at end of year.

rootypig Mon 17-Nov-14 00:59:59

It's like a valentine! sweet and thrilling.

SallyMcgally Mon 17-Nov-14 01:01:48

grin rooty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now