Talk

Advanced search

AIBUs from the world of fiction

(214 Posts)
ProudAS Sun 16-Nov-14 18:42:29

WIBU to report neighbours to social services. Their DS (11yo) is a spoilt brat quite frankly. He's been clinically obese since he was a toddler and thinks the world revolves around him.

Their DNephew (also 11yo) has lived with them since he was a toddler and his parents died. He is quite the opposite of their DS and appears malnourished. I'm getting even more concerned as I haven't seen him for several months and they say he's away at some institution for incurably criminal boys. I can't believe that such places exist and he has always seemed to be a nice boy albeit slightly strange. I've also heard that they lock him in the cupboard under the stairs and make him sleep there even though they have only the one DC and a 4 bed house.

I've a feeling they may be keeping him permanently in the cupboard or worse. Do you think I should contact SS?

MaidOfStars Sun 16-Nov-14 18:59:28

My neighbours regularly take their small boy poaching. Should I report to SS? In their defence, they regularly leave a brace of pheasants on the door. Am I being hushed up?

LaurieFairyCake Sun 16-Nov-14 19:01:06

hmm

Why does this read like Harry Potter?

Oh well if you're serious of course call SS

MaidOfStars Sun 16-Nov-14 19:02:45

Missed the point, Laurie?

SassySugarCane Sun 16-Nov-14 19:07:03

Laurie read the thread title sweetie.

DoughnutSelfie Sun 16-Nov-14 19:08:18

AIBU to want Second Breakfast before going on an adventure?

ProudAS Sun 16-Nov-14 19:09:39

Do your worst Laurie

MaidOfStars Sun 16-Nov-14 19:09:56

Perhaps I missed a second level joke in Laurie's post?

WeirdCatLady Sun 16-Nov-14 19:10:58

My family has an enemy, I think he's out to get us.....oh wait, now he's dead. Oh, but his wife doesn't like us either....oh wait, she's dead. And his son doesn't like us...oh wait, he's dead....

Some people just don't understand us Lannisters.

MaidOfStars Sun 16-Nov-14 19:11:06

Ah, classic misunderstanding of read (past tense) and read (present tense), thus assuming Sassy telling me off...

skylark2 Sun 16-Nov-14 19:12:24

My DD has been given a full scholarship to a boarding school I've never heard of. AIBU to consider letting her go? It is in Scotland and the subjects they study are rather odd, plus they don't seem to appear on any of the league tables, or even mention GCSEs or A levels. DD is very intelligent and we would expect her to go to a RG university in due course, but they don't mention this either.

Ir1na Sun 16-Nov-14 19:13:45

MaidOfStars It's Harry Potter, have you not read it lol?

theladyanneofcleves Sun 16-Nov-14 19:14:00

I've been seeing this guy for a while now, well he's actually my boss. He's quite broody and can be short tempered but gorgeous and he floats my boat. He has a wife but he says they never have sex anymore and she largely stays in their attic conversion. He swears he's going to leave her? Aibu to expect him to divorce her and marry me?

hesterton Sun 16-Nov-14 19:14:50

AIBU to want ro send my awkward daughter and her annoting dog off camping all summer - my toxic SIL is sending her three dc and it's too much. My dh can't focus on his lab work (he works from home) and it all gets put on me to provide the endless bloody finger beer and hard boiled eggs with crisp fucking lettuce and slabs of fruitcake. Which has to be homemade.

So I have decided to get them to row out to an island and then work out some qay to keep them there for a few weeks. A fake treasure map and a pair of suspicious swarthy furriners maybe? I could probably pick up a couple from the job centre, it'd be worth it.

CatsCantTwerk Sun 16-Nov-14 19:16:30

I have met a man with loads of money, he is really fit but wants to do weird shit to me in the bedroom. If I do this weird shit he wants me to sign a contract drawn up by his legal team which basically makes him own me. Aibu to think that this is a red flag? he wants to hurt me for sexual pleasure....Should I ltb?

hesterton Sun 16-Nov-14 19:16:39

Oh god so many typos. I was eating apple crumble and typing. Big mistake.

SassySugarCane Sun 16-Nov-14 19:21:48

Maidofstars um, sorry what?

CheckpointCharlie Sun 16-Nov-14 19:23:35

hesterton is it Island of Adventure?!

Jamfilter Sun 16-Nov-14 19:25:26

AIBU to think that if the smelly bloke in the room next door wants a lights out visit from a dodgy looking woman called Cathy, he should tell her to tap on the right bloody window? #worst B&B ever

Hippymama Sun 16-Nov-14 19:29:07

Five on a Treasure Island?

Ir1na Sun 16-Nov-14 19:31:17

WIBU to tell my interviewer that I got confused with directions because someone told me "there was a Police phone box next to the building" and there isn't? Can I also tell my friend's on-off boyfriend that getting his granddad to pretend to be him was funny for the first 15 minutes but it's now been about a month and is really beginning to take the biscuit ?

Ir1na Sun 16-Nov-14 19:38:03

Can I also strongly hint to my online friend that they might do things a bit differently in the US, but two guys coming round and insisting she goes out so they can 'remove the ghosts/demons' is just slightly dodgy, and they may well be planning to remove all her electronics and money?

MaidOfStars Sun 16-Nov-14 19:54:15

Right, I got the point, thought Sassy was telling me off for 'confronting' someone who hadn't got the point, thus causing me to wonder of I had actually got the point, ad infinitum.

Apologies for confusion.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 16-Nov-14 19:54:35

Aibu to think my little sister is a total pita? She is such an attention seeking little madam, she went missing when we were out on a picnic (so I got in trouble) and came up with a load of old bollox fanciful nonsense which charmed the arse off everyone. Today I found her stood on the fucking mantelpiece, then went off about the chess pieces being real. I think she's either a total fantasist or on glue.

MaidOfStars Sun 16-Nov-14 19:56:03

And that is a thread winner, OhWhat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now