Talk

Advanced search

to have just phoned the police about neighbours

(20 Posts)
giraffescantboogie Sun 16-Nov-14 03:25:35

Just got woken up at 3 with them screaming and shouting arguing in the close (communal stair well). Last week her door got kicked in by people arguing with her - I don't went to go say anything to them as they are all pissed/drugs.

Fed up with it! They are right outside my door and I can hear every word of their argument.

Now one is complaining because someone "won't" figh them

Custardo Sun 16-Nov-14 03:26:56

Good. They sound like tossers

CrazyOldBagLady Sun 16-Nov-14 03:27:04

You're right to call the police. Did they say they will come out?

musicalendorphins2 Sun 16-Nov-14 03:28:13

Wow, sounds nerve wracking, being so close, I would do the same thing, I hope you are ok!

giraffescantboogie Sun 16-Nov-14 03:33:33

The guy on phone was a bit arsey with me. "Riiight so it's a noise complaint?"

I just phoned back to update they are now actually fighting. The argumwnt about not fighting turned physical.

giraffescantboogie Sun 16-Nov-14 03:34:43

Lady who I spoke to when I updatef was really understanding. Said they would be out asap. But who knows what else is going on on a sat night!

LuisSuarezTeeth Sun 16-Nov-14 03:35:42

Crikey that sounds awful! Are you ok?

giraffescantboogie Sun 16-Nov-14 03:41:19

I am fine. Just annoyed cos I was asleep. Been working lots and am tired. She doesn't work...no problem being up all bloody night for her eh? !

Still arguing with occasional thump of an object. Some of them saying bye. Fingers crossed

LuisSuarezTeeth Sun 16-Nov-14 03:57:23

Hope you can get back to sleep.

Euphemia Sun 16-Nov-14 04:17:10

It's awful having eejits for neighbours isn't it? You come to dread Saturday nights.

I've had:

Upstairs playing Irish jig music til 3am.
Downstairs singing The Sash on the way up the stairs then screaming at each other half the night.
Wee Chinese lady hammering on student nurses' door at 2am and yelling 'You shit, you wake baby!' at them.
Couple opposite driving at speed into our wee cul de sac at 3am, having a shouting match in the street, him punching in the glass on the front door, more yelling followed by him driving away at speed.

You have my sympathy!

Did the polis ever come?

Charitybelle Sun 16-Nov-14 05:18:49

I had this the other week with a man and woman having a loud verbal argument outside my house. Called non- emergency police as was worried it would turn physical and they came out in ten minutes. Unfortunately the couple had moved on, but I'm still glad I called, you never know what's going on in these situations and a tap on the shoulder from a police office could diffuse something that was about to get violent or dangerous. You did the right thing.

Notmeagain1 Sun 16-Nov-14 06:57:01

Poor you, hope you got it sorted out and are now able to sleep.flowers
Im dealing with insomnia at the nimute. Its almost 2am where I am and watching craapy tv hoping sleeping meds kick in soon. sad

giraffescantboogie Sun 16-Nov-14 09:51:22

Nope they never came. Going to write a complaint about her I think as it is just constant crap and fighting from the flat.

Our bin men comr at 8am. I left to go out by then but they are usually really noisy. So I hope they woke her up.

carlsonrichards Sun 16-Nov-14 09:57:10

Next time, ring it in as a violent fight. They come fast then.

My husband and I once lived in a place where the neighbour continually fought with her partner, drugged up mates, random and we didn't complain.

Then one night someone was stabbed.

It became a crime scene and we were not allowed to leave our flat until it had been investigated.

giraffescantboogie Mon 17-Nov-14 12:24:09

Well this morning I noticed some kind.of disgusting red sauce on.my door rubbed in.to my name plate

ptumbi Mon 17-Nov-14 12:29:44

Giraffe - my dp has the same; alcoholic neighbour and his alcoholic friends, most nights (not just sat) shouting and screaming until the early hours. Did you phone 101 or 999?

giraffescantboogie Mon 17-Nov-14 20:03:09

LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 17-Nov-14 22:46:52

Red sauce??? Oh, I feel for you. This must be so distressing sad

JoffreyBaratheon Mon 17-Nov-14 23:42:04

Ah yes - we used to live next door to an alcoholic who sang, screamed and swore day and night. Police could do nothing as he was a registered alcoholic, or something. Our MP was sympathetic - everyone we approached was sympathetic. But no-one could do anything. It went on night and day every day we lived there. I still want to vomit if I hear some twat singing 'Danny Boy'... I reckoned he must have been paid to be out of the house the day we viewed it.

Police said they could only come out if he literally ran onto the street with a knife in his hands. One night his drunken old tramp mates kicked in the front door of a young woman who lived alone, a few doors down. Thinking it was his house.

I have druggie/alky neighbours again. They moved in a year ago and council won't evict them despite endless noise, fighting, arguing, calling their kids cunts and fuckers in the front garden, etc etc. No-one cares.

Environmental Health will sometimes lend you recording equipment if it's a regular thing. But apparently, when they do get evidence they still just get a warning and a slap on the wrist. You have to bring them to court a couple of times to get them lobbed out if they are council/HA tenants. And that's if you're lucky. Our drunk in our first house was a 'home owner' so he was teflon.

ptumbi Tue 18-Nov-14 08:24:22

Joffrey - oh heck. Dps NFH is an alcoholic dickhead - and a HA Vulnerable Adult (due to his self-inflicted fried brain angry) so he can do what he wants. Singing, parties in the early hours, loud TV, and the HA can't evict him. I wish they could move him to an institution somewhere with the same sort of 'problem' people - but I suppose they all got shut down as part of the 'care in the community'. Unfortuantly, it's the neighbours who are the 'community' and there is nothing you can do.
DP owns his own home, and I think he will have HELL when he tries to sell it, what with all the complaints against the nieghbour. Hopefully he'll have drunk himself to death by then....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now