Talk

Advanced search

To not know who any of the celebs are in 'I'm a Celebrity'

(31 Posts)
Inboxer Sun 16-Nov-14 00:58:24

Although I will probably still watch it anyway!

Gruntfuttock Sun 16-Nov-14 01:07:33

I've heard of 5 of them. Michael Buerk, Vicki Michelle, Melanie Syles, Craig Charles and Edwina Currie. I don't know how much of it I'm going to watch, if any.

Gruntfuttock Sun 16-Nov-14 01:08:53

Sykes, not Syles.

Leeds2 Sun 16-Nov-14 01:32:39

I know Carl Fogarty and Jimmy Bullard. And Craig Charles.

I also know Michael Buerk and Edwina Currie. But didn't realise they were in it!

Tobyjugg Sun 16-Nov-14 02:44:29

Never seen it. No plans to do so. I only know 4 out of Gruntfuttock's 5 Who is Michael Buerk?

Gruntfuttock Sun 16-Nov-14 02:53:20

Michael Buerk is a reporter and newsreader, tobyjugg en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Buerk

lunar1 Sun 16-Nov-14 03:26:53

I know, one of them is even listed as being a golfers ex girlfriend. I think that's stretching the definition of celebrity a little far!

lottiegarbanzo Sun 16-Nov-14 03:27:02

I'm quite shocked at how many of those I have heard of! Usually none, of the soap, sport and reality stars. What on earth is Michael Buerk doing there?

CrazyOldBagLady Sun 16-Nov-14 03:28:50

This year I was feeling pleased with myself for ourecognising so many! Didn't realise Edwina Curry was amongst the line up though, where did you hear that Gruntfuttock?

Tobyjugg Sun 16-Nov-14 10:12:23

Ah! Thanks.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 16-Nov-14 10:15:23

Edwina?! They kept that quiet, havent seen her in any promo stuff.

Apparently MB said he would buy double glazing with his winnings grin so already im backing him.

I had no idea who Gemma Collins was til I saw an awful advert for a tv show in which she announces "Im Gemma Collins. Im 32, ive earned my diva-ship" hmm so am actually looking forward to watching her and simultaniously hating and being fascinated by her rediculousness (sp)

sillymillyb Sun 16-Nov-14 10:18:42

I recognised a few, but felt quite ashamed of myself when I realised I was most excited about kendra from the playboy mansion....

Cerisier Sun 16-Nov-14 10:20:20

It was Michael Buerk's reporting when he was the BBC's Africa correspondent that highlighted the suffering in Ethiopia in the 80s, and led to LiveAid. He has been shot at and imprisoned as a journalist but that was when he was much younger so I am wondering how he will get on in the jungle.

specialsubject Sun 16-Nov-14 13:08:15

5 out of 10 for me, plus Edwina Currie if she is going.

no, won't be watching, but gotta keep up with the culcher... smile

Gruntfuttock Sun 16-Nov-14 13:20:35

"Didn't realise Edwina Curry was amongst the line up though, where did you hear that Gruntfuttock?"

Well It was mentioned on a programme I was watching, but confirmed here:-
www.itv.com/news/2014-11-16/edwina-currie-set-to-go-into-the-jungle-on-im-a-celebrity/

SparkyLark Sun 16-Nov-14 13:24:39

I saw the line-up. Bit dull. The usual line-up of girls in bikinis, page 3, hottypattaties as Millionaire Matchmaker would say. The men were a blur too.

But to be fair I never watch it! I'm still waiting for decent Play for Today type programmes, so I guess I'll be waiting a long time. B

Bring back Harold Pinter!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 16-Nov-14 13:25:49

Who are the ten going in then?

Nicename Sun 16-Nov-14 13:27:52

I never know who anyone is. I don't watch soaps or pretend (reality) telly so I have no point of reference. I never know who people are on the cover of sleb mags in the shops either - are they real people, characters from a soap or some person with a famous family member.

WorraLiberty Sun 16-Nov-14 13:28:02

I only know Michael Buerk, Vicki Michelle, Melanie Sykes, Craig Charles and Edwina Currie.

That's far more than I usually know grin

But I'll be watching avidly as usual.

Fixerupperz Sun 16-Nov-14 17:26:34

Wasn't Edwina Currie in it in a previous year?
I'm looking forward to it .

Thisvehicleisreversing Sun 16-Nov-14 17:48:04

sillymilly I'm excited about Kendra too. I loved Girls of the Playboy Mansion. blush

I think she'll be great on it. Her or Jimmy Bullard to win for me. He's hilarious when he's on Soccer AM.

Carrierpenguin Sun 16-Nov-14 18:37:01

I thought edwina had been in it previously too?!

NuggetofPurestGreen Sun 16-Nov-14 18:41:47

I know four of them, which is less than usual! And I watch the soaps and am reasonably genned up on the celebs.

Gemma Collins, Melanie Sykes, Craig Charles, Vicki Michelle

NuggetofPurestGreen Sun 16-Nov-14 18:42:11

And Edwina if that's true.

whitesandstorm Sun 16-Nov-14 18:47:20

I don't think Edwina will be on tonight, think she's going to be one of those late arrivals. I thought she'd been on it before then I realized it was Coach Trip and Come dine with me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now