Talk

Advanced search

bloody husbands and the TV remote

(13 Posts)
juicycelebrity Sat 15-Nov-14 22:27:48

Grrrr. Just finished watching x factor on catch up (10.08pm) and was about to put Jonathan Ross on. Send the kids up to bed and DH whines "oh, can I not watch the end of the football?"

I sigh, roll my eyes, set JR to record and go up to tuck kids in.

Come back down at 10.20 pm and log on to AIBU for my nightly fix. At 10.22pm he is snoring!

WIBU to donk him over the head with the remote when I pinch it back? #weeklysatnightprob lol

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Sat 15-Nov-14 22:53:53

Well nobody's making you give in. YABU.

klog Sat 15-Nov-14 22:55:42

So glad i dont have to put up with football.

Get another tv?

2kidsintow Sat 15-Nov-14 23:14:06

Do what i did . order another set of controls. Problem solved.

Rissolesfortea Sat 15-Nov-14 23:48:54

Or do what I do and never let dh have control of the remote.

BreconBeBuggered Sat 15-Nov-14 23:53:20

Whoever has it, it's annoying for the other person if they're not watching the correct programme.
I'm inclined to be on your side, OP, as DH is going through a hogging phase. It's much less irritating when I have control.

ilovelamp2 Sat 15-Nov-14 23:54:31

My (D)H has the TV so bloody quiet that I am straining to hear it - drives me mad! We have two remotes that control the volume and he has been known to turn it back down when I have turned it up when he thinks I'm not looking! Of course when he's shooting stuff on the x box whilst I'm working upstairs, it's blasting! Grrrr.

DoJo Sun 16-Nov-14 00:32:57

Sounds like you have too many husbands! grin

TrendStopper Sun 16-Nov-14 08:38:24

I don't see the problem. Why cant you just sit down when he falls asleep and watch the program that you recorded.

Brummiegirl15 Sun 16-Nov-14 08:40:08

My DP is a nightmare for this!!! Insists on having the remote and then 5 minutes later, snoring his head off. Does my head in

Mrsjayy Sun 16-Nov-14 08:59:25

I once had prize the remote from him he was sleeping and hugging it if they are watching a programme they should be comitted to it. We have 2 tellys though so no remote arguements well he has a tendency to ff bits he doesn't like confused

juicycelebrity Sun 16-Nov-14 09:53:05

Ilovelamps2- we have the opposite problem. DH had the sound so loud it actually hurts my ears. I'm forever turning it down when he's not looking - and he hardly ever turns it back up. Lol.

I did pinch the remote back instantly and watch my progs. I rather like the idea of ordering another remote and not telling him. I could have some fun with that. wink

ilovelamp2 Sun 16-Nov-14 17:35:56

Oooo that could be fun Juicy! !! I think you have just described how my husband feels about my tv habits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now