Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be worried about colposcopy, but also that I may be pregnant

(3 Posts)
moonbabyandthebeast Sat 15-Nov-14 21:31:25

Hello, long time lurker but first time poster. I'm aware aibu may not be the ideal place for this but have seen some great advice given during my lurking and am quite worried right now. I have a one year old and we recently decided to ttc baby number 2, currently on tww. Had routine smear and resulted in severe changes so currently awaiting colposcopy. This is booked just before I would b able to do pregnancy test.will colposcopy do any harm if I am pregnant? What if it's bad news and I need treatment? Anybody with experience of this? I appreciate u taking the time to read my post.

micah Sat 15-Nov-14 21:38:12

I had a colposcopy while pregnant. It was fine, baby was fine. Dr gave me a nice tour of a pregnant cervix smile.

Fortunately I needed no immediate treatment. If it is bad news they will talk through the options and the risks to you and to the pregnancy. It will be up to you Nd what risks you want to take.

Good luck smile

moonbabyandthebeast Sat 15-Nov-14 22:32:25

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.fingers x I get the same result as you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now