Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not want her to wear my jacket?

(74 Posts)
KimHollywood Sat 15-Nov-14 14:00:53

Out last night with two friends, a work colleague of one of my friends happened to be in the same bar so joined us for a drink (have never met her before whether this is relevant or not)

Anyway me and one of the friends went to get another drink, it was busy so must have been waiting 10-15 minutes. Came back to the table and they were gone.

Assumed they'd gone outside, so went to join them and the work colleague was wearing my jacket and smoking. I didn't mind her wearing my jacket as it was cold, but felt she was taking the piss by smoking. Aibu?

Castlemilk Sat 15-Nov-14 14:02:56

No I'd have gone bananas!!!

'Err, excuse me, what the hell do you think you're doing taking my jacket to smoke in? Do you think I want my coat to stink of fags? Get out of it right now!'

I hope you said something along those lines!!

BalloonSlayer Sat 15-Nov-14 14:03:08

Cheeky mare!

Sirzy Sat 15-Nov-14 14:05:48

Cheeky cow. I wouldn't let even a close friend wear my jacket to smoke in

LadyLuck10 Sat 15-Nov-14 14:07:31

Yanbu she has a bloody cheek! Very rude to not even ask you in the first place.

Nanny0gg Sat 15-Nov-14 14:07:45

Did you ask for it back?

Jolleigh Sat 15-Nov-14 14:23:49

I smoke but I wouldn't have been happy...a total stranger helping herself to your jacket? Please tell me you said something. I'm gobby fairly direct and would certainly not have just let her stand there in my clothes.

CSIJanner Sat 15-Nov-14 14:52:39

Let me guess, you're work colleague said it was fine? That in itself is cheek.

Borrow as cold, maybe a meh.

Borrow to smoke and stink out - I would also have had gobby words, cheeky cow. YANBU.

Littlef00t Sat 15-Nov-14 16:05:29

Hope it wasn't dry clean only. I'd have made her pay to get it cleaned.

bigdreadiedad Sat 15-Nov-14 18:01:52

What Castlemilk said.
You were within your rights to slap her shit.

rollonthesummer Sat 15-Nov-14 18:04:22

What did you say?

500smiles Sat 15-Nov-14 18:15:11

Wow what a cheeky fucker, I would have gone ape

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 15-Nov-14 18:16:32

She was completely out of order.

CurlyWurlyCake Sat 15-Nov-14 18:18:35

What did you say to her?

Proper cheeky mare.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 15-Nov-14 18:22:38

Very rude of her. Does it need cleaning now?

Purplepumpkins Sat 15-Nov-14 18:26:56

Would be happy to lend the jacket, but to take it and smoke in it is rude and gross, she should have it dry cleaned!

Tallypet Sat 15-Nov-14 18:37:50

Yanbu re someone wearing your coat and smoking.
However, I am jealous that this is a big enough problem to post and it's bugged you that much. I am envy at the small things that you deal with

Nanny0gg Sat 15-Nov-14 19:07:41

However, I am jealous that this is a big enough problem to post and it's bugged you that much. I am envy at the small things that you deal with

Was that really necessary? We all have different problems, some considerably worse than others. There isn't a grading system that permits you entry to AIBU with your posts depending on the severity of that problem.

People post as they choose, if you're not happy with one, don't reply.

MassaAttack Sat 15-Nov-14 19:15:43

Yanbu, and I smoke like a trooper.

Giving her the benefit of the doubt though, she'd probably had a few rum and Cokes and wasn't thinking straight; I wouldn't start issuing invoices for dry cleaning or anything.

whitesandstorm Sat 15-Nov-14 19:26:34

Tallypet ....That just sounded nasty.

TittingAbout Sat 15-Nov-14 19:30:03

Tally, this is not a competition on who has the biggest problems. It is AIBU. YABU.

Tallypet Sat 15-Nov-14 19:35:59

I am genuinely surprised that this a real life problem.
I'm more than happy to be labelled as nasty/bitchy because of
how I react to this 'problem
BTW yes yabu

Your friend wore your coat to have a cig. Big deal

DancingDinosaur Sat 15-Nov-14 19:39:56

However, I am jealous that this is a big enough problem to post and it's bugged you that much. I am at the small things that you deal with

hmm I have lots of major things to deal with. Despite that, someone taking my coat to smoke in would bloody piss me off. They had alternative choices, either go and smoke in the cold or don't smoke at all.

Tallypet Sat 15-Nov-14 19:43:07

white I'm not a nasty person but really. Rtft. Op is annoyed that someone used her jacket to smoke in?

I'm assuming we're all adults here. This is a non topic.

I think OP is unreasonable.

WastingMyYoungYears Sat 15-Nov-14 19:45:08

OP, YANBU.

Tally, YABU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now