Talk

Advanced search

To feel frustrated and helpless

(5 Posts)
Frustratedwithfriend Sat 15-Nov-14 13:50:48

For a long time it's been obvious friend is in a dysfunctional and abusive relationship. She would always leap to his defence and it wasn't so bad and she could handle him and so on.

She had a baby a few months ago and finally seemed to twig things weren't right. She had planned to leave him in the NY and I was (I must admit) relieved.

Then just seen a pregnancy scan picture on his Facebook sad and I know she won't leave him now.

I just feel really upset both with and for her.

ShiftyFades Sat 15-Nov-14 14:00:46

I've been in a similar situation with my sister. I know that feeling of frustration at seeing someone in a bad relationship.
In my own experience you can only be there for her, let her know you are there to turn to. Only she can decide to leave sad

MissMogwi Sat 15-Nov-14 14:38:30

I too have been in this situation with my younger sister. There's nothing you can do other than be there for her.

It is very frustrating as you want to protect them and help but you can't until they make that move. Hopefully your friend will be able to do so one day.

Luckily my sister managed to leave and the difference is astounding, but years of physical, verbal, financial and emotional abuse have left their mark.

Frustratedwithfriend Sat 15-Nov-14 16:17:38

Thanks. I'm upset as I really thought she'd managed to leave him this time or at least put a plan in place.

blanklook Sat 15-Nov-14 16:18:07

Just be there to pick up the pieces without judgement, however long it takes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now