Talk

Advanced search

urgent question- AIBU to ask for reviews for this clinic please?

(8 Posts)
SpookySpooker Sat 15-Nov-14 01:56:59

I am going to a CityDoc clinic on Monday to get the HPV vaccine.

I literally just Googled the options in my area and this worked out to be the cheapest one overall (wasn't eligible for the HPV vaccine on the NHS).

Is there anyone who has been to a CityDoc clinic in any location? If so, how was it? Are they reliable?

AIBU to get a vaccine at a place that I got off the internet???? It seems legit with a chain of clinics all over the UK.

Would appreciate any feedback on CityDoc!!

Belleende Sat 15-Nov-14 09:13:55

Hi spooky have you been tested for hpv? If you are.already positive there is no evidence the vaccine will ne of any benefit.

SpookySpooker Sat 15-Nov-14 10:20:15

I'm not positive for HPV.

And in any case, I haven't asked if I should get the vaccine. I've already made an informed decision about that.

I'm looking for reviews on the clinic please.

VanitasVanitatum Sat 15-Nov-14 10:23:04

I've been to one for vacs, it was fine but the doctor didn't ask me any questions or check anything about my med history, I was going to Sri lanka so my dp and I had worked out what vacs I would need, doc just took my word for it, didn't ask about allergies etc, check if I had asked for all the right jabs.. It was all perfectly clean Etc though .

SpookySpooker Sat 15-Nov-14 10:32:04

Thanks Vanitas! Good to hear it's clean. I Was concerned it would be con artists off the internet who would give me a vaccine that was actually water or something blush

VanitasVanitatum Sat 15-Nov-14 10:39:41

Well it all looked very professional, vaccines and needles still in their packets etc.. I'm pretty sure it's a well established brand. As I said, know your facts before you go or at least know all the right questions to ask as mine didn't waste time on the niceties!

SpookySpooker Sat 15-Nov-14 11:14:33

That a relief then, thanks again smile

On this occasion I already happen to know this is the right choice for me, so it should be ok even if the doctor doesn't ask questions.

Do you mind my asking what location you used?

VanitasVanitatum Sat 15-Nov-14 12:22:02

It was one in London, near Victoria. One of the travel clinic ones x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now