Talk

Advanced search

To think that anybody who threatens women

(60 Posts)
DoctorTwo Fri 14-Nov-14 20:35:26

With rape should be killed or at least have to answer for their views in court?

It seems to me that every woman who expresses openly an opinion that can even obliquely be classed as feminist is open to attack in a way men are not. It's time this changed, and any man threatening women, and ultimately trying to silence them, must be stopped.

WestEast Fri 14-Nov-14 20:36:48

They should be killed...?

MarjorieMelon Fri 14-Nov-14 20:37:43

What happened today is despicable. But suggesting death has an appropriate punishment makes you sound almost as bad as the person you are complaining about.

Killed? Really?

26Point2Miles Fri 14-Nov-14 20:38:23

Killed?? Seriously hmm

OraProNobis Fri 14-Nov-14 20:40:32

How shall we kill them? Will they be allowed to speak before they are killed? Who will kill them?
Have to say you sound utterly deranged!

MarjorieMelon Fri 14-Nov-14 20:40:51

And they will have to answer for their views in court. Inciting violence is illegal.

26Point2Miles Fri 14-Nov-14 20:42:28

And all women who threaten men... Kill them too!

AmIthatHot Fri 14-Nov-14 20:44:41

They sound like immature twats, acting the big man on twitter. Absolutely disgusting.

But, OP, who do you suggest should kill them? hmm

DoctorTwo Fri 14-Nov-14 20:45:53

I love that you all missed or at least have to answer for their views in court?

Do you think it's ok that women should be threatened with rape? I bloody don't. Just as I'm not opposed to a removal from society, preferably by prison, of the cunts who do the threatening.

ghostyslovesheep Fri 14-Nov-14 20:46:13

yabu to think they should be killed!

SaucyJackOLantern Fri 14-Nov-14 20:47:49

I'm more appalled by our Deputy Prime Minister suggesting he should go and play abroad for a bit "before coming back."

Disgusting. Why would any other country want us dumping our dregs onto them?

And Dave Cam's had a couple if good opportunities to make a solid anti-rape statement which he's bottled as well.

ghostyslovesheep Fri 14-Nov-14 20:47:58

oh you want a fight - sorry ... yes we all thinks it's ace for men to threaten women with rape and we all think it's perfectly acceptable because we don't think they should be killed

are you being unreasonable for wanting something that WILL happen to happen - erm no

AYBU to be so goady and daft - yes smile

MollyHooper Fri 14-Nov-14 20:49:52

Of course people focused on the first bit.

Calling for people to be killed usually shuts down a debate.

MarjorieMelon Fri 14-Nov-14 20:50:33

I didn't miss that point, I have answered that.

If you post such a ridiculous provocative post people will react to that. If you want people to discuss your second point think carefully about how you word your OP. If you sound unhinged people will not want to debate with you.

lurkernowposter Fri 14-Nov-14 20:56:57

Kill people for the things they say? Why stop there? How about killing them for the way they dress? Looking at me in a funny way? Smelling a foreign food?

You are being unreasonable.

DoctorTwo Fri 14-Nov-14 21:03:20

Fair enough, my attempt at humour didn't fare well. To be expected, I don't usually try humour any more. <unchannels Clarkson>

I want everybody who threatens women who speak out about anything that affects their lives with rape to be prosecuted. If that means a million men go to court, fair enough. Send them there.

#freespeechforwomen.

ghostyslovesheep Fri 14-Nov-14 21:05:29

I'm not sure what's unreasonable about that though wink

Icimoi Fri 14-Nov-14 21:05:54

Of, for goodness sake, it's not a topic for humour. I suggest you ask for the thread to be deleted and start again.

MyEmpireOfDirt Fri 14-Nov-14 21:07:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 14-Nov-14 21:11:22

Well maybe not killed for threatening rape but they should at least be prosecuted for such a threat. What if actually carried out their hideous threat.
The law would be quick enough to jail a single mum for example who can't not wont pay her council tax, so yeah threatening rape should be a custodial sentence.
For actual rape though they should face the death penalty after all rape is almost murder, they kill a person's spirit, don't they.

lurkernowposter Fri 14-Nov-14 22:11:39

Rape shouldn't be made a special case and women shouldn't get special treatment. If someone makes threats of violence against another person they should be prosecuted, no matter what the threat is or who it's made against.

MyEmpireOfDirt Fri 14-Nov-14 22:14:13

LadyLuck10 Fri 14-Nov-14 22:14:42

What about women who threaten to kill men? What about women who make up false claims? What should happen to them op?

MyEmpireOfDirt Fri 14-Nov-14 22:16:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now