Talk

Advanced search

Naked at home ?

(52 Posts)
Nathan22 Fri 14-Nov-14 18:20:36

I have always felt comfortable sleeping naked (as does DW when it is warm) but I have not taken it beyond that. I would really like to be able to be naked more often at home (our place isn't over-looked by neighbours in case you were wondering). I won't be naked when the children are around but hopefully in the evenings with DW or when the children are out. Should I feel guilty about asking for this or is it OK ? Do other people go naked at home ? Any suggestions on how I should approach this with DW ?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 14-Nov-14 18:21:40

No butts on white couch

lazee Fri 14-Nov-14 18:22:32

Do what you like??? Who cares?

DoughnutSelfie Fri 14-Nov-14 18:23:23

Yes you must must must sit on a folded towel

hoppus Fri 14-Nov-14 18:24:22

Why do you need permission?

whois Fri 14-Nov-14 18:25:24

In winter?? Your heating bill is going to be massive.

Andrewofgg Fri 14-Nov-14 18:26:49

Why not? Just remember to cover up if the doorbell rings.

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 18:26:52

"Any suggestions on how I should approach this with DW ?"

From behind.

Vitalstatistix Fri 14-Nov-14 18:28:11

Why not just tell her what you've said here?

It really doesn't matter if any of us strangers on the net are clothed or not in our own homes. You are hardly likely to say to your wife that you want to do it because 8.5% of mners are naked.

Just tell her you want to wander round the house nude when the kids aren't around and ask her if she has any particular objections.

You sleep with her, you've had kids with her, you run a home with her, you have a life with her, you can certainly tell her that you'd like to let the old man baubles swing freely of an evening.

SpringBreaker Fri 14-Nov-14 18:29:22

canrt you just walk about in a pair of thin shorts.. i love my partner dearly and love his body, but I really wouldnt want to watch it all dangling around all the time... theres a time and a place etc..

Vitalstatistix Fri 14-Nov-14 18:31:02

yeah, it's not the most attractive of views really, is it?

And that's just having the giblets swinging.

If he ever bends over to pick something up off the floor she'll have a view not easily forgotten.

Fullpleatherjacket Fri 14-Nov-14 18:31:39

Let your pelt out. Don't let your pelt out. Why do you want to know what other people do?

And talking of pelts, is this fur real?

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 18:32:50

OR get naked and make her a bacon sandwich. I'm pretty sure she'll say yes.

morethanpotatoprints Fri 14-Nov-14 18:35:18

No problem when the dc aren't about, let it all hang out if you like fgrin

DuchessofNorks Fri 14-Nov-14 18:36:09

I have to admit, I spend much of my time at home in the evening almost starkers, bar my dressing gown if its a tad chilly. If not the evening i'm usually in pjs.

In the privacy of your own home you should feel comfortable being nude. My DS spends much time in the nuddy too and, obviously, as he gets older we will likely cover up more. However, I never want my children to feel uncomfortable in their own nudity so when that time does come I won't make a big deal out of it.

Talk to your wife and see what she says.

JennyBlueWren Fri 14-Nov-14 19:20:21

DH just strips off when he feels uncomfortable (no DC though), I don't (even at night). Don't mind at all except when he puts the heating up because he's cold (put some clothes on then!).

ChickenMe Fri 14-Nov-14 19:29:07

It's probably a bit cold atm. However, saying that I did do naked house work about two weeks ago. I'm pregnant and thought sod it. I was boiling.

BOFster Fri 14-Nov-14 19:39:06

You will need to carry a DustBuster at all times to deal with pube shedding.

LadyLuck10 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:39:26

If you don't know how to approach this with her it suggests that you don't think she would be on board.

MrsDutchie Fri 14-Nov-14 19:44:43

Why not?! sometimes it's nice to chill in your birthday suit, especially when you've got the place to yourself.

catsofa Fri 14-Nov-14 19:45:58

Just ask, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do in your own home! Agree that it should be too cold in winter though, you need to turn your heating down if it's warm enough to go naked in the evenings in November!

ouryve Fri 14-Nov-14 19:48:29

Do you have leather sofas or dining chairs?

Or maybe these?

ginnycreeper5 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:50:26

I wouldn't let you go nekkid round the house if you were my OH!

Think of the Poo Crumbs on everything!
And I have a white sofa skid marks not a good look shock

TitsForBrains Fri 14-Nov-14 19:51:59

Tethersend smile

Jolleigh Fri 14-Nov-14 20:21:34

I'm naked a lot. No poo crumbs or skid marks here!

How on earth do poo crumbs and skid marks happen? Are there really adults who fail at something as basic as wiping their arse?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now