Talk

Advanced search

To think (thanks to MN) I've just come up with the perfect retort for when your husband is being a patronising arse!

(7 Posts)
Dancinglaughingdrinkingloving Fri 14-Nov-14 13:09:54

"You wouldn't be able to be Billy Big Nuts at work AND have the pleasure of children in your life if it wasn't for me."

He was droning on about work and what decisions he would be making about it and saying things like 'don't worry you've got the house for at least another four years' and generally treating me like 'little wifey' when I said the above.
Thank you MN, because I never would have said that without having been on here for the last few months grin

Dancinglaughingdrinkingloving Fri 14-Nov-14 13:10:20

DH! sorry!!!

Bearbehind Fri 14-Nov-14 13:15:07

Wtf?

What does he mean by 'don't worry you've got the house for at least another four years'?

If he means you can stay here until the kids are older then you can fuck off (which is how it sounds to me) I don't think you can pat yourself on the back for one retort- you need to take much more serious action.

Ladyfoxglove Fri 14-Nov-14 13:17:36

grin

What was his reply?

Dancinglaughingdrinkingloving Fri 14-Nov-14 13:18:23

bear, he meant if he left job and set up own business we (or 'I') could afford house for 4 more years before downsizing. It was the way he said it, like all 'I' need to worry about is the house, he's got more important fish to fry!

Dancinglaughingdrinkingloving Fri 14-Nov-14 13:19:33

His reply was a hearty laugh in agreement. He enjoyed being told that!
He said we were a 50/50 team. Result!

Bearbehind Fri 14-Nov-14 13:21:21

In that case - grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now