Talk

Advanced search

to get out all my christmas stuff to cheer myself up?

(5 Posts)
NameChanged24 Fri 14-Nov-14 12:10:23

Today is a horrible, murky, cold, wet day.

I'm working from home but there are buildings in and out of my garden (because next door is having work done and they're getting to part of the house using a ladder in my garden) so I'm keeping my living room curtains drawn which means my living room is dull.

I have lots of work to do.

I have run out of sugar so can't drink tea I know IABU for having sugar in tea

I am very tired after being up very early everyday this week and working late every night.

In a nutshell, I am sulking.

I want to get all of my lovely Christmas cards, wrapping paper, bows, ribbon and present topper thingies out of their box and spread them all over the living room floor so I can just look at how lovely they are and remind myself that it's Christmas soon.

I told DH I was going to do this. He said I was BU. Well actually he said I was mental and sounded like I'd been lobotomised. I don't think I am BU.

So, AIBU?

FayeFruitLoop Fri 14-Nov-14 12:12:20

No... I wanna put the tree up today as have some particularly difficult medical news to contend with... Just can't be quite arsed. But the desire is there as I think it's symbolic of something fun

NameChanged24 Fri 14-Nov-14 12:13:59

Faye sorry to hear about your difficult news flowers

girlywhirly Fri 14-Nov-14 14:10:51

I know how you feel. For weeks we have had tradesmen's vans and trucks, and deliveries of building materials up and down our close, often parking on a blind bend, it's a miracle no-one has had a head on collision trying to get past.

Men don't really 'get' the wanting to look at lovely sparkly things in anticipation of something nice, something to look forward to. They do their Christmas shopping as a chore, and as quickly as possible. I think DH was BU to say you were mental. You just have a different viewpoint, in common with all the mumsnetters on the Christmas thread.

Sorry about your news Faye.

I like looking at Christmas decorations in the shops. I don't often buy anything, I just like looking at them!

waithorse Fri 14-Nov-14 14:33:26

YANBU. Do it and feel happy. fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now