Talk

Advanced search

To think Russell Brand should be careful who he is photographed with

(52 Posts)

www.independent.co.uk/news/people/julien-blanc-ministers-urged-to-ban-us-dating-guru-who-promotes-choking-women-from-entering-uk-as-86000-sign-protest-petition-9859329.html

Someone might think he agrees with the vile misogynistic approach that Julien Blanc suggests.

QueenTilly Fri 14-Nov-14 11:42:00

YANBU!

Nokidsnoproblem Fri 14-Nov-14 11:53:09

He is friends with a lot of people in power too

AesSedai Fri 14-Nov-14 12:04:00

He is friends with a lot of people in power too

Is that why we've got his ugly mug and spoutings on the right hand side of MN?

I really don't think I want advice from him right now.

KnackeredMuchly Fri 14-Nov-14 14:58:49

He must get photographed with 100 people every day, and sign lots of autographs

ApprenticeViper Fri 14-Nov-14 15:19:16

I've signed the petition on change. org that will hopefully prevent Julien Blanc from being granted a visa to enter the UK. Am thinking of starting one with the aim of getting Russell Brand deported....

King1982 Fri 14-Nov-14 15:24:54

He must get selfie requests all the time.

Apprentice grin

LineRunner Fri 14-Nov-14 15:32:43

I think the issue is that RB had the opportunity to express regret and/or disown the 'rape guru' on the MN web chat but didn't?

Costacoffeeplease Fri 14-Nov-14 15:36:10

I think he's in quite good company there, they quite suit each other

PacificDogwood Fri 14-Nov-14 15:36:16

I have never given RB as much head space as I have since he did the web chat on here, but the more I do think about him/his life/his live's trajectory, the more I think of him as a Little Boy Lost. Needing 'friends'. And Approval.

He's a bright man - he should start using some judgement FFS.

ApprenticeViper Fri 14-Nov-14 15:37:23

I didn't see the webchat, but I don't think RB's misogynistic tendencies are any great secret. Maybe he can take his "revolutionary" drivel and piss off somewhere far far away with the rape apologist.

fabricfreeshiner Fri 14-Nov-14 15:42:12

Who is this Julien guy? Never heard of him before. I like Russel he has so much energy and charisma but I do ask myself why he's jst stopped dating the daughter of one of the most powerful banking families and is now talking revolution....

Was the split that bad russell?

ApprenticeViper Fri 14-Nov-14 15:56:42

fabric Julien Blanc is at the forefront of an organisation called Real Social Dynamics. It purports to be helping men to get dates with women. It actually employs some sickening methods to trick women into sleeping with men, and eroding womens' self-esteem. Please Google them, and Julien Blanc, and sign the petition on change.org.

Julien apparently has suggested an approach of grabbing a women by her throat and going shhh as a pick up technique.

If you read what that article says about his trip to Japan he certainly doesn't sound like he has much respect for women.

raltheraffe Fri 14-Nov-14 17:19:10

I disagree. If some criminal posed for a selfie with me does that mean I support and agree with his criminal acts? No it does not.

The photo was posed 18 months ago. I am assuming this was before Julien made the vile comments.

Stop bashing RB. Its boring.

Regardless of my feelings of RB (actually I have none and have avoid all the RB stuff) bit wrong to use him in your thread title to try drum up support, I think you could of done that perfectly without bring RB into it.

LineRunner Fri 14-Nov-14 17:32:01

As I said before, RB was asked about it on the web chat and declined to answer.

Russell Brand could have distanced himself from this man, he was given the opportunity in the web chat.

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 14-Nov-14 17:51:29

I didn't read the web chat thing, but I don't think there is a single sleb/famous person who asks for a CV before posing for a picture with someone. I've posed for pictures with people without really knowing them. Does anyone vet people before getting in a picture? I've never known someone do that.

Are there any other pictures of them together? If it's one picture, 18 months ago then I think it's a fair assumption that they're not close friends.

GatoradeMeBitch Fri 14-Nov-14 18:02:01

As Popbitch pointed out, this guy knows Holly Willoughby and her producer husband. His production company was connected with the show. I expect Brand cares more about remaining in Wiloughby's good graces than he cares about what domestic abuse campaigners will think. He won't be getting work from any women's rights groups anytime soon anyway!

Quiero Fri 14-Nov-14 18:28:46

Yes he should but a picture is no evidence that he had any idea who he is or what he has said.

He might not have noticed the question in the web chat or have even remembered the pic being taken. He might on the other hand think Julien Blanc is great and support everything he says.

Point is we don't know so it's not worth getting excited about.

Julien Blanc should not be allowed in the UK to peddle his shit but I'm not really in with the Brand bashing that goes on here.

^Today 17:32 LineRunner

As I said before, RB was asked about it on the web chat and declined to answer.^

I thought the whole RB web chat was just to promote himself? So why would he discuss others, I'm just guessing as I didn't bother with the chat.

But I'm confused is this thread just to bash RB or was main purpose to sign petition. Like said up thread shouldn't of used RB to drum up support.

LineRunner Fri 14-Nov-14 19:01:24

RB promoted his book on the web chat extensively. His book is about politics and society - revolution, indeed - and individuals' choices.

It was revealing that he chose not to answer certain questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now