Talk

Advanced search

...to be hacked off at being stuck between Amazon and Hermes?

(19 Posts)
BreconBeBuggered Fri 14-Nov-14 09:36:48

Parcel is a birthday present for DS2, which I paid for with money given by his grandparents. The tracking information has the item as 'dispatched', but it's been sitting in some depot for days now. It should have been here by yesterday. The Hermes website tells me to contact the retailer, and Amazon of course advises I contact the carrier. I just want to know where the buggery fuck my child's stuff is. MIL will certainly want a bloody good reason if she doesn't have a present to hand over on the big day.

AIBU to think this is a bit shit?

EnpoTree Fri 14-Nov-14 09:39:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EnpoTree Fri 14-Nov-14 09:40:39

Oops, wrong thread - reported, sorry!

WillWorkForMoney Fri 14-Nov-14 09:48:43

Can you not ring the depot? You might even be able to go pick it up from there.

BreconBeBuggered Fri 14-Nov-14 09:53:33

That's what I was hoping to do, but there's no indication of which depot it's at, only that it has left some unspecified location in Europe to be deposited with the carrier.
Perhaps Mavis has got it, Enpo?

EnpoTree Fri 14-Nov-14 10:58:07

Possibly, Brecon grin

cozietoesie Fri 14-Nov-14 11:03:21

I had this happen 10 days ago. I suspect that the carriers have performance targets to meet or something and just mark as delivered even if the item has been stuck in their warehouse. (Hoping to find it later - mine actually arrived two days later than its companions, delvered at about 20.00.)

It was an Amazon item, so I just emailed customer services to complain and they sent out a replacement.

YouCanButImNot Fri 14-Nov-14 11:15:36

I had this happen last week, Hermes web chat were really rude and the retailer also told me to contact Hermes and vice versa. I finally managed to find a phone number for Hermes and the girl there was really helpful. Don't press the option that says you're a customer waiting for a parcel, press the other one. Hope it helps. Number is - 0330 333 6556.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 14-Nov-14 11:20:23

Did you buy from Amazon, or Amazon seller? Do you have prime/was it a specified delivery date?

If I were you I'd get back onto Amazon, they are generally pretty good about sorting stuff out. If it was Amazon marketplace then contact the seller first, and escalate to Amazon if necessary.

BreconBeBuggered Fri 14-Nov-14 12:39:17

It was Amazon. I've been stuck in the bus/wheelchair thread for days since I last posted, but thanks for the phone number, YouCan. I'll give that a try.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 14-Nov-14 12:46:03

Your contract is with amazon, and your relationship is entirely with them. They are responsible for your item until you have it in your hands

Contact amazon. It is not your job to chase the couriers.

BreconBeBuggered Fri 14-Nov-14 12:55:02

That was always my view, Anything, and I've never had to chase up delivery companies other than for missed or missing deliveries.

Apparently it's with another courier altogether, ie Amazon have ballsed up. They're sending out a replacement. Thanks for your help, everyone, and my apologies for making such a dull thread.

Wishtoremainunknown Fri 14-Nov-14 13:30:25

Hermes are shit. They lost my parcel
And basically told me that even though they has the job if delivering it the fact that they'd lost it wasn't their problem and I had to deal with someone other deliver people who thy used to deal with all the upset Hermes customers.

The company I ordered from on the other hand were very helpful.

avocadotoast Fri 14-Nov-14 13:50:54

It's ultimately Amazon's responsibility to make sure you get the parcel.

Hermes are fucking useless though.

donkir Fri 14-Nov-14 13:58:25

Hermes are crap I ordered from Amazon a few weeks back and Hermes delivered the parcel but as I wasn't in left a note to say it had been delivered to number 30. We don't have a number 30 down our rd! Tried to phone courier but they'd left no number.
Turns out parcel was with my very elderly and quite poorly neighbour who id specifically said not to deliver to.

offtoseethewizard64 Fri 14-Nov-14 15:26:30

I had exactly the same problem with an item from Amazon last week. It was a tracked parcel (costing £250) and it never got past the despatched stage. It was allegedly with Citylink but when it failed to move for 3 days and had past its delivery date, I spoke to Amazon who eventually said it had probably been put on the wrong Couriers truck and would never arrive hmm.I concluded that tracking is a complete aste of time. They couldn't send a replacement until it had been missing for a week - but in any case the item was now out of stock. They refunded (plus £30 compensation) and I am now waiting for the same item to arrive from another seller - whch is not tracked and is coming via Yodel - so I'm not holding my breath.

DixieNormas Fri 14-Nov-14 16:28:10

The lost my parcel but Amazon sent another to arrive the next day, unfortunately though one of the items was out of stock and we had a bit of a wait to have the money transferred back to us

RedToothBrush Fri 14-Nov-14 16:50:07

Your contract is with the supplier NOT the courier. Therefore it is the retailers responsibility to get their finger out and chase goods that don't turn up if they go missing.

Amazon are passing the buck. Anyone having this problem should point this out to them.

golm51 Sat 20-Jun-15 10:12:29

lost parcel i paid for in sep turned up 5 1/2 monthsd later maybe i will put it in the guiness book of records how the hell do they loose a parcel then it turns up nearly 6 months later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now