Talk

Advanced search

To think my MILAN shouldn't have asked me to do this

(13 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Fri 14-Nov-14 07:31:02

She stayed with us last night at her own invitation. She asked me to drop her to the 'local' train station which is about 25 minutes away. She had to be there by 7. I am ebf DD 8.5 weeks who gets up about three times a night. When I suggested getting a bus to the following station I was told I was being difficult.

Surely it's not U to not want to dip her somewhere this early when I could be getting more sleep?!

bonzo77 Fri 14-Nov-14 07:32:28

Why couldn't your dh drop her?

gamerchick Fri 14-Nov-14 07:33:09

Did you do it?

Tell her to get a taxi next time. Where is her son in all of this.. he's the one who should be dealing with her.

duzzlightyearsmum Fri 14-Nov-14 07:33:29

*title should say MIL

And dip should say drop

Can you tell I'm tired?!

duzzlightyearsmum Fri 14-Nov-14 07:34:48

DP can't drive :/ and was working away overnight so couldn't deal with her. Is also why she thought it was ok to stay!

Yes I did it but am really annoyed with myself because now she's going to expect more of it sad

skylark2 Fri 14-Nov-14 07:41:06

Asking someone to get a bus (or several buses, what are the chances that a 25 minute car journey would involve one direct bus?) in the very early morning in an unfamiliar place is pretty U. But I think she should have said she'd get a taxi.

Thebodynowchillingsothere Fri 14-Nov-14 07:48:17

Bus would be difficult but she should have got herself a taxi really as you have the baby.

duzzlightyearsmum Fri 14-Nov-14 07:48:50

That would be U I agree but it is a direct bus to the station and she's got it before!

Xxx

Whocansay Fri 14-Nov-14 08:23:31

She accused YOU of being difficult? You, the one with the tiny baby that needs feeding? I'm amazed that you didn't respond with a string of expletives to be honest!

Don't let her come back again without some serious boundaries in place.

skinoncustard Fri 14-Nov-14 08:31:31

I assume if she had to be at the station by 7am she must have been up and getting ready about 5 or 5-30ish . If such an early start was really needed she should have gone the day/night before. Definitely taxi , on the plus side you now have the whole day to yourself , go back to bed when your LO sleeps .

attheendoftheday Fri 14-Nov-14 08:50:54

When you are looking after such a tiny baby everyone should be helping imo, not making extra demands on you. At that stage I would have killed someone who tried to make me miss precious sleep for their convenience!

Next time she wants to stay then make it clear this is the reason she can't.

YANBU, not one tiny bit.

Clarabell33 Fri 14-Nov-14 11:15:02

YADNBU but on the plus side have a great reason for saying no next time - 'last time we did that it really upset our routine and I was knackered and I/we didn't really get over it for days, so sorry but I won't be able to drop you off again unless it fits in with our routine.'

SassySugarCane Fri 14-Nov-14 11:21:07

Next time she asks, tell her to get the bus, and if she says you are being difficult, ask her what she thinks she is being, by asking a lactating mother with a quite new baby to drag herself and baby out, just because she cannot be bothered to get the bus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now