Talk

Advanced search

To think that Norman Price is Fireman Sam's child?

(19 Posts)
Catsize Thu 13-Nov-14 22:42:19

Okay, I may be over thinking this a little, no doubt suffering from over exposure to Fireman Sam, but....

FS and NP are the only red-haired folk in Pontypandy.
Dilys is a single mum who goes all of a dither is FS's presence.
FS seems overly invested time-wise in NP.
NP feels an innate urge to get into scrapes to see more of FS.

I am waiting to see the 587th episode, when no doubt it will all be revealed, Eastenders cliff hanger style...

If you have seen episode 587, please feel free to share a spoiler.

It just seems so obvious* - I don't know why it has taken so long. Miss Marple may soon be looking for another job. Maybe in Pontypandy.

* Disclaimer: it could be Postman Pat.

sharlxx Thu 13-Nov-14 22:50:22

hmm dont know about that but norman does always seem to be around whenever there is a fire.

maddening Thu 13-Nov-14 22:51:12

The bus driver imo

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Thu 13-Nov-14 22:55:45

I was thinking this the other day, I was also shocked to find out the "wise old elf" from "Ben and Holly's little kingdom" has 3 sons that possibly have 3 different mothers, an he is embarrassed by 2 of them as they are pirates does that mean he was a "player" in his younger years.
Maybe that why magic always leads to trouble.....
I need to stop ds watching TV don't i?

minibmw2010 Thu 13-Nov-14 23:07:10

I think they've got more problems with Normans clear link to all the fires in the area ��

Catsize Thu 13-Nov-14 23:15:58

Indeed. If only PC Selby lived in Pontypandy...

AmItheonlyonezenaroundhere Thu 13-Nov-14 23:40:12

Norman Price is an ASBO waiting to happen and after watching the FS live show (yes that hell does exist) I'm pretty confident Sam is banging his brothers wife!

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 13-Nov-14 23:46:07

I think Trevor Evans is the Daddy, he's always a bit shifty around Gladys.

katienana Thu 13-Nov-14 23:50:58

Dilys def has a thing for Trevor but Steele sniffs round her quite often too. Trevor is black so unlikely to be Norman's father.
I want Penny and Ben to get together. I feel his arrival has sidelined Tom Thomas somewhat, however.
wecwatch several episodes a day....

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 13-Nov-14 23:57:56

Really? Trevor is black? I never really noticed.

Didactylos Fri 14-Nov-14 01:26:08

I think you are right - NP has found his birth certificate which names FS as his father - and, feeling neglected and rejected carries out acts of vandalism, arson and blatant stupidity in order to both secure the attention of and punish his absent father

MummyBeerest Fri 14-Nov-14 01:35:32

Definitely. Or he thinks FS is his dad and that's why he's always vying for FS' attention.

I once thought if Dilys posted on MN about Norman, the varied responses would be hysterical.

Normanpriceisnotarolemodel Fri 14-Nov-14 07:22:39

I like your theory. Have suspected the same for years.

Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Fri 14-Nov-14 07:26:19

I've always thought this. It explains him constantly starting fires - cry for attention. And FS seems v lenient towards him.
Plus they're the only ginger haired people in pontypandy.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Fri 14-Nov-14 07:29:07

It all makes sense. How did I not pick up on this before? It's so obvious!

NancyJones Fri 14-Nov-14 07:29:56

I think postmaster pat seems to have fathered most of the kids in greendale too. Charlie and Sarah both have his wiry red hair whilst their single parents are blond.

NancyJones Fri 14-Nov-14 07:31:38

Postman Pat. Bloody auto correct.

LarrytheCucumber Fri 14-Nov-14 10:00:28

Remember the scene when Dilys says 'Mind your back, Trevor' in a rather suggestive way? I've always thought something was going on there.

Catsize Sat 15-Nov-14 19:21:03

nancy, I think you will find it is Postal Executive Pat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now