Talk

Advanced search

To not dress up as a superhero because I can't be arsed?

(12 Posts)
NayrusWisdom7 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:38:40

So work is having a fundraising day for children in need tomorrow and all staff have been informed that they are "extremely encouraged" by the store manager to dress up as superheroes to promote the cause. Some members of staff have gone all out and rented elaborate costumes at their own expense for the occasion. WIBU to not bother with a costume because
A: I can't be arsed putting together a costume I'm only going to wear once at my own expense, and
B: It will look extremely unprofessional given my area of work (pharmacy)

I have no problem wearing the pudsey ear headbands that my shop is selling and will probably purchase some tomorrow to wear for the day btw as they are only £2

EatShitDezza Thu 13-Nov-14 21:40:43

Put a pair of knickers over your clothes. Instant superhero

halfdrunkcoffee Thu 13-Nov-14 21:42:55

I would do exactly the same if I were you. I think dressing up days are bad enough for children. I think headbands would be fine.

HighwayDragon Thu 13-Nov-14 21:44:06

pants over leggins and a sheet tied as a cape, simple

OraProNobis Thu 13-Nov-14 21:44:16

YANBU - I can't think of a single thing that would make me do this. Absurd.

NoArmaniNoPunani Thu 13-Nov-14 21:45:32

There is no fucking way I would dress in a daft costume for work.

CaptainAnkles Thu 13-Nov-14 21:45:38

I wouldn't do it either.

Patrickstarisabadbellend Thu 13-Nov-14 21:48:44

You can't possible dress up.... Sober grin

Hulababy Thu 13-Nov-14 21:48:50

I work in a school so dress up days are fairly common - we have 3-4 a year. It isn't essential that the staff dress up, but most do. I actually dislike dress up and would hate to have to go to a fancy dress party. I feel very self conscious about it all.

However, for school - as all the children are dressed up and almost all the staff - I go along with it, though quite subtle. Some go for the full works; tomorrow I will settle for a black batman top which has a small black cape attached - worn with my jeans.

TiggyD Thu 13-Nov-14 21:49:43

Spend £15 on a cheap outfit then pay £2 to the charity for the privileged. Should kind of be the other way round.

I looked for a superman T shirt because it fitted the theme and because I always fancied getting one anyway. As I couldn't find one I'm just going to be wearing my cape from Halloween and fly about a bit.

Hulababy Thu 13-Nov-14 21:57:58

Think Primark and H&M all have female superhero tops - I know DD got a cropped superman one from H&M for about £6.

NayrusWisdom7 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:59:01

My only worry is that I'll seem miserable for not bothering otherwise I wouldn't even bother with the bear ears headband. Love your suggestion HighwayDragon but I don't think I could communicate seriously with patients with a bed sheet tied to me and knickers over trousers lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now