Talk

Advanced search

To be SO ANNOYED over Hermes delivery

(5 Posts)
lemoncurd20 Thu 13-Nov-14 15:27:38

I am so so so annoyed, but not at all surprised.

Last week I ordered something from Amazon, unfortunately I didn't find out until after I ordered that the package was to be 'delivered' by Hermes.

On Monday I received a text saying my parcel would be delivered that day - great! However, come about 3pm nothing had arrived so I checked the tracking to see the status of my order.. it said there was an issue with my address. I contacted Hermes and they told me I had to contact Amazon, which I did - Amazon told me I had given them the wrong address and the courier couldn't find me, I hadn't, my address was correct. It later transpired that Hermes had allocated the package to the wrong carrier. Amazon apologised profusely and said the order would be with me soon.

Tuesday - nothing, tracking didn't update.

Wednesday - tracking back! Again I waited in for my parcel, about 3.15 I checked the tracking again and it said that at 3.09 delivery had been attempted. Obviously this was untrue - no one rang up, no cars came and no note was left. Again they tried to blame it on me but I know when I car arrives, it's very loud, especially when I'm waiting for a package! Contacted Amazon again and they said they PROMISED the parcel would be with me the next day.

Thursday (today) - nothing, nada, zilch, usual routine and I checked track which says "awaiting courier receipt"... contact Amazon/Hermes again, apparently it's going to be 1-2 days.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH. angry angry

Am I being unreasonable to be so annoyed? I've wasted 3 days waiting in!

InfinitySeven Thu 13-Nov-14 15:29:22

Annoying.

I feel your pain, I've been waiting for a collection for the past 4 days. To be fair, the courier turns up every day, but they won't take the parcel because it's too big, so they want to charge freight prices for it. Regardless, the company keeps rearranging with the same courier, and the courier keeps refusing. Every single day.

Deliveries suck.

AimlesslyPurposeful Thu 13-Nov-14 15:40:22

YANBU - Hermes are so so crap!

PinkOboe Thu 13-Nov-14 15:52:56

we used to have a fab u lous hermes chap, he was pleasant, charming, knew our working hours so would come when he knew we'd be in, we had a prearranged hiding place for things that didn't need a signature. he worked all the hours of the day, often delivered in the evening when he knew we were home, or at the weekend. last time he came he said he was having to give up, despite working long days, 7 days a week, late into the evening and not having had a day off for five years, the amount that hermes paid him was reducing and he just couldn't make it work anymore.

Hermes: you pay peanuts. you get monkeys

ilovespaint Thu 13-Nov-14 15:53:55

Hermes are shocking. I found a delivery on our front doorstep with a note pushed through the door saying nobody was in so the parcel had been left in a 'safe place'. Er, full view of a busy street, safe?? And I was in, near the front door and have a very loud doorbell, had the delivery person bothered to ring.

Best of all, the parcel wasn't even for me. It was for about 8 doors up. (Obviously I took it round!)

I've also had deliveries by Hermes left behind our bins and, another time, in a random flowerbed but at least they were slightly hidden and had come to the right address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now