Talk

Advanced search

Facebook stalking?

(40 Posts)
CommonSense77 Thu 13-Nov-14 10:53:44

AIBU to think that my DH's previous work colleague (female) from 10 years ago and who I don't know at all, should stop stalking our family via Facebook every time we post a family update? She makes comments and speaks as tho' she's a family friend, which she's not. Is she having a boring life?

scurryfunge Thu 13-Nov-14 10:56:05

Don't know much about Facebook but aren't their privacy settings?

FannyFifer Thu 13-Nov-14 10:56:33

Hardly stalking as she must obviously be on friends list, if you don't want someone to comment on your posts then don't have them as a friend.
Think you are the weird one.

scurryfunge Thu 13-Nov-14 10:56:35

* there

grunty Thu 13-Nov-14 10:56:41

Maybe she is lonely. Block or restrict her seeing them if it bothers you!

TheHatInTheCat Thu 13-Nov-14 10:57:05

Unfriend her, problem solved.

CommonSense77 Thu 13-Nov-14 10:59:04

Tried that Cat in the Hat, it would appear she has to stop her end not ours?
Thanks for your suggestion tho./emo/te/1.gif

Chaseface Thu 13-Nov-14 10:59:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CommonSense77 Thu 13-Nov-14 11:00:04

Fannyfifer, most helpful not. Why so scathing?

Chaseface Thu 13-Nov-14 11:00:33

cedricsneer Thu 13-Nov-14 11:02:38

Stop posting stuff on fb. Problem solved.

I often casually like friend and acquaintance's fb pictures, particularly of kids, as a gesture of solidarity. People usually like it.

You sound unfriendly and insecure. What does her being female have to do with anything?

CommonSense77 Thu 13-Nov-14 11:02:52

This def is the last tiime I come on here. So many people waiting to label you and say negative things.

Chaseface Thu 13-Nov-14 11:04:06

TheLyingOldBitchAndHerWardrobe Thu 13-Nov-14 11:05:53

You ssound very overwrought, is everything ok?

It's totally normal for people to comment on FB if they are on your friends list.

It is easy to unfriend someone, simply click on their profile and click unfriend.

If you want to block her, you can do this easily by going to 'privacy settings'.

Is this a jealousy thing? Is it your FB or your husband's?

xvxvxvxvxvxvxvxv Thu 13-Nov-14 11:05:56

Labelled as what? You've been advised to change privacy settings, unfriended or block. Do these and she can't like anything anymore.

Zucker Thu 13-Nov-14 11:06:18

Create a list, add her to it. Block all on that list from viewing anything. QED.

honeybunny14 Thu 13-Nov-14 11:09:16

Block her this would annoy me too.

magpiegin Thu 13-Nov-14 11:10:03

She's not stalking, this is what FB is for. If you've Unfriended and she can still see updates then change them to friends only.

BuzzardBird Thu 13-Nov-14 11:10:11

Gosh, what a weird thread. If someone is 'unfriended' or 'blocked' or even made an 'acquaintance' (so that they don't know you have hidden them), then they don't see your posts so can't comment or 'like' them.
Surely people don't complain about people 'liking' or 'commenting' if they choice to keep them as a 'friend'? <baffled>

BuckskinnedAstronaut Thu 13-Nov-14 11:11:56

The only thing you are being labelled as is someone who doesn't understand FB settings.

If she's a FB friend and you don't want her seeing or commenting on your stuff, unfriend her. Or put her in your Restricted friends list. Or create a new friends list for her and only let her see things you want her to see.

If she's not a FB friend but she can still see and comment on your stuff, tighten up your FB privacy settings. She doesn't have to stop her end not yours.

DoughnutSelfie Thu 13-Nov-14 11:16:15

When you say "we" do you mean YOU or do you mean DH? If he posts these things on his account then if he's not got her on his friends list he needs to tighten his security or block her if it's getting on his nerves. If she's on his friends list well it ain't stalking is it?

Block her on your FB account anyway and do review your own settings.

RoganJosh Thu 13-Nov-14 11:19:43

Make her an aquaintance as mentioned above. Then make sure your posts are set to 'friends'. Then she won't see them.

motherofmonster Thu 13-Nov-14 11:44:07

So would you feel the same way if it was a male ex colleague? I take it she is on your husbands Facebook friend list then. Tbh i think you are majorly over reacting and it seems like the only one stalking your husbands Facebook page would be you to see who has posted on his page

Only1scoop Thu 13-Nov-14 11:47:32

Is she commenting nice things or not? Surely as a friend on your Dh she is saying only positive things.

Maybe she's just being nice?

pictish Thu 13-Nov-14 11:49:17

Well someone has her on their facebook friends list, and you know...commenting on people's stuff is kind of the point of the whole facebook gig.
Yabu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now