Talk

Advanced search

To ask if there is a single person who heard the story today of the watch sale that made £15m and didn't think of Only Fools and Horses

(9 Posts)
Bearbehind Wed 12-Nov-14 19:43:46

As soon as I heard about the Supercomplication watch that sold for £15m it made me think of that Only Fools and Horses episode and a few other people mentioned it today today.

It just shows what a comedy genius the writer was that it sticks in your mind for so long.

Did anyone hear about it and not think of that?

Meloria Wed 12-Nov-14 20:44:09

Nope, didn't cross my mind at all until I saw your post. Even now it doesn't really remind me of it except in that a watch was being auctioned.

Sorry

SophiaPetrillo Wed 12-Nov-14 20:45:00

Eh?

RoseyHope Wed 12-Nov-14 20:46:43

No, because I don't know that show!

bodhranbae Wed 12-Nov-14 20:51:54

YANBU
Didn't hear about the watch sale but John Sullivan was a genius.

HappyAgainOneDay Wed 12-Nov-14 20:58:43

Of course! It was the last episode when they found an old watch amongst their rubbish goods, sold it at auction and danced off into the sunset as very rich men.

silveroldie2 Wed 12-Nov-14 21:02:31

Me - never watched Only Fools and Horses after the first couple of episodes - didn't find it funny.

BadLad Thu 13-Nov-14 10:31:52

Of course! It was the last episode when they found an old watch amongst their rubbish goods, sold it at auction and danced off into the sunset as very rich men.

There were subsequent episodes - it wasn't quite the last.

sharon56bus Thu 13-Nov-14 12:39:42

The found H6..............http://www.clockmakers.org/museum-and-library/the-incomparable-john-harrison-1693-1776/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now