to think jonathan ross wasn't every sensitive when he interviewed lily allen

(20 Posts)
FestiveFox Wed 12-Nov-14 14:42:33

it's well know she doesn't like her baby loss referred to as a miscarriage

yet he still chose to use that word

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Wed 12-Nov-14 14:44:26

Not the brightest spark though, is he?

Winterbells Wed 12-Nov-14 14:47:23

He's a wanker. I don't understand why he even still has a spot on TV.

cheesecakemom Wed 12-Nov-14 14:49:00

So she had a miscarriage but doesn't like to call it a miscarriage?

squoosh Wed 12-Nov-14 14:49:24

He's an absolute tit. It warms my cockles to know he has jealous convulsions and sobbing fits when he see the Graham Norton Show.

squoosh Wed 12-Nov-14 14:50:02

Her son was stillborn.

divingoffthebalcony Wed 12-Nov-14 14:50:56

Not sure why he brought it up. As for calling a stillbirth a "miscarriage" angry

I can only think he wanted to make her cry a la Piers Morgan. It was all very awkward when he tried to change the subject. Her answer was good though, especially the way she mentioned there are 17 stillbirths every day in the UK.

hoppus Wed 12-Nov-14 14:51:41

No he was 6 months it was a stillbirth not a miscarriage

Ohmygrood Wed 12-Nov-14 14:51:57

Miscarriage is the term used when a baby is lost in early pregnancy, so he was wrong as well as insensitive.

Thebodynowchillingsothere Wed 12-Nov-14 14:52:31

He's finding being middle aged a bit difficult isn't he as he still thinks he's current. Never watch the tit.

As hit Lilly Allen having a miscarriage/loosing a baby is truly awful but she's a massive tit head too and only there because of her father. She's posh too so the fake accent pisses me off.

MishMooshAndMogwai Wed 12-Nov-14 14:53:10

He wasn't very sensitive with David Attenborough talking about his brother either.
Another perfectly happy, interesting interview ruined by him probing and trying to upset his guest. No need.

Thebodynowchillingsothere Wed 12-Nov-14 14:56:23

The trouble is if you appear on shows like this people like him will want to probe and get a response.

She would have know that. She's in the business just like he is.

Yes I thought it was a very insensitive twatish thing for him to say and she handled it better than I would of

Miss I absolutely love David Attenborough and cant believe what a shit interview JR was

Crinkle77 Wed 12-Nov-14 15:24:23

I thought that too. I don't really think he needed to bring it up either.

LuisSuarezFangs Wed 12-Nov-14 16:02:00

Jonathan Ross and "sensitive" in the same sentence?

He's a cock.

FreeSpirit89 Wed 12-Nov-14 17:36:20

I like Lilly Allen.

Jonathan Ross not so much.

But when you live your life in the spotlight you open yourself up to people wanting to know your life. Even the bad bits!

ghostyslovesheep Wed 12-Nov-14 18:00:54

he's a huge dickhead - he probably want's even listening to her

Boomtownsurprise Wed 12-Nov-14 18:05:14

I just think he fucked up when trying to be seen to be asking a rather obvious question.

It was funnier watching both R Brand and Ms Lohan sit on a couch and not talk to each other. How did JR. not know about her shag list and brand being on it?!?!

Seriously Google it. It's hilarious

WyrdByrd Wed 12-Nov-14 18:21:54

I didn't see the interview and if was referring to her son then he's an incompetent & insensitive prat.

Having said that, I think she also had a miscarriage around the 12 week mark with a previous partner.

Still a moron to stick them under the same terminology though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now