Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to not know what to do...

(6 Posts)
zobey Wed 12-Nov-14 14:05:10

Dd starts school nursery in Jan. I applied to two out of catchment schools. She's got a place at both.one near my house- I work two jobs of 70 hours a week. And the other near my mum's, she is retired and has my daughter on afternoons at the moment. One near my home would cost 560 in child care as mum doesn't drive. What would you do?

ilovepowerhoop Wed 12-Nov-14 14:31:47

I would put her in the one near your mum as it is more convenient for her if she is having your dd in the afternoons. I have a friend whose daughter goes to a school out of her catchment as her mum also has her daughter after school and stays closer to the school.

MrsDrJohnWatson Wed 12-Nov-14 14:34:02

You will have to reapply for Reception anyway. My child didn't get a reception place at the same place he went to nursery and he settled just fine. I would go with the place closer to your mum for now. You can always change if you are in the same position at Reception.

zobey Wed 12-Nov-14 14:59:22

Mrs did he find it hard or was he Ok? I'm concerned as my dd now goes to the feeder playgroup to the school near my mum so knows all the kids so would it up roar her life if she doesn't get in to the school.

MrsDrJohnWatson Fri 14-Nov-14 06:43:35

Well he really hates change a lot so we had to prepare him for the move and he spent the first two weeks asking when he was going back to 'his' school. But he did settle in fairly quickly and really it was more heart breaking for me. After about a month he had two staunch best friends and then he was fine.

zobey Sat 15-Nov-14 10:44:57

Thanks Mrs. It's reassuring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now