Talk

Advanced search

to ask him to make me another drink?

(36 Posts)
CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 12-Nov-14 13:50:13

So a colleague offered me a drink. I accepted and asked for a black coffee.
He returned saying "I instinctively put a drop of milk in it, would you like me to make you another one" and presented me with the white coffee.
I said yes please, I don't drink milk. He then sighed and said "I don't have time for all this".

So AIBU for asking him, or is he?

Stealthpolarbear Wed 12-Nov-14 13:52:20

I drink black coffee too and thisis why I hate b other people offering to make me a drink. The smell of milky coffee makes me heave

ghostyslovesheep Wed 12-Nov-14 13:53:19

yanbu he's a bit of a rude ass

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 12-Nov-14 13:54:02

He is a new colleague so doesn't know me well. If it had genuinely been a drop i might not have noticed, but its as much as you have in a white coffee.

Castlemilk Wed 12-Nov-14 13:54:40

I would have laughed in his face and said, well you started it!

Castlemilk Wed 12-Nov-14 13:56:29

New colleague?

Oooof just check out those boundaries being pushed and established like alllll over the shop.

New colleague being rude is not a good sign.

Good on you - keep up the straight talking - you might need it with this one.

Icimoi Wed 12-Nov-14 13:57:04

I think in your shoes I'd have told him not to worry, I'd make it myself. There's a difference between making a colleague a drink when you're making one for yourself, and just making a drink for your colleague, and he didn't have to do either.

Stealthpolarbear Wed 12-Nov-14 13:58:48

Yez but then you look rally rude going a d pouring it out, as if youre making a point

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 12-Nov-14 13:58:50

I laughed a bit in a "seriously, what?!" sort of way until I realised he was very serious about feeling he didn't have time confused

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 12-Nov-14 14:00:02

But Icimoi he offered to make another one, knowing he had done this one wrong!

Fullpleatherjacket Wed 12-Nov-14 14:03:11

He was a bit of an arse for flagging it.

I'd have dumped it and run before you realised grin

StrawberryCheese Wed 12-Nov-14 14:10:13

Well he offered to make you a new one so more fool him for saying that if he didn't want you to say 'yes please'. My boss once put milk in my herbal tea!

ChippingInAutumnLover Wed 12-Nov-14 14:10:31

Why did he even bring it to you and ask you, instead of just making another one when he was still in the kitchen. Coffee, 2 seconds. hmm Idiot.

squoosh Wed 12-Nov-14 14:15:42

Aren't new colleagues usually eager to be nice and friendly? If he's like this at his best, dread to think what he'll be like once he's settled in.

PedantMarina Wed 12-Nov-14 14:18:01

Ahhh, doing the old "I'm going to do this menial task wrong so you'll never ask me again" ploy.

Classic.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 12-Nov-14 14:21:09

It's the "I've done it wrong, but I'll tell you I've done it wrong" thing that annoyed me. Glad to see im not in the minority on this.

TagineKaput Wed 12-Nov-14 14:21:25

YANBU, he shouldn't bother offering if he didn't mean it.

SDTGisASpookyWoooolefGenius Wed 12-Nov-14 14:23:12

He should look on it as a learning experience - if he doesn't have time to do a job twice, he should do it right the first time!

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Wed 12-Nov-14 14:24:14

He shouldn't have even bothered giving you the wrong coffee but made you a fresh one while he was at it. Knob.

squoosh Wed 12-Nov-14 14:28:29

Next time he messes up your hot beverage just hiss 'probationary period' at him and tap your nose.

PedantMarina Wed 12-Nov-14 14:29:02

He should look on it as a learning experience - if he doesn't have time to do a job twice, he should do it right the first time!

And that was the rationale behind the whole Quality thing in the 80s, SDTG.

PS, isn't it time you time you moved on to your Yule season NC?

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 12-Nov-14 14:30:28

We share an office but in different departments so I have no say over this will cause him to lose his job. Sad that.

middlethird Wed 12-Nov-14 14:47:04

Blimey! Some people are so fucking rude. Don't bother if you can't get it right - you offered to make it right!?!?!

I wonder if he might have given the same response to his BOSS?

YANBU

SDTGisASpookyWoooolefGenius Wed 12-Nov-14 17:52:55

PedantMarina - I am so ashamed - a Halloween namechange is just so last month! blushgrin

addictedtobass Wed 12-Nov-14 18:23:20

He is being very very unreasonable. Why ask and offer if you're going to get your panties in a twist over it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now